Scale is a vital part of bringing ML-enabled technologies to the world, from autonomous driving to drones, robots, and AV / AR. As our customer base is growing exponentially, you will be leading our field engineering efforts for our computer vision based projects, ensuring that the world's most innovative companies become passionate, lifelong Scale customers.
Scale works with the world's top self-driving car and robotics ML teams on annotating data across Lidar, Camera, and Radar modalities. For example, our CTO, Brad Porter, was Amazon's top robotics leader, our Director of Engineering, Elliot Branson, lead perception at Cruise Automation, and one of our product leaders, Russell Kaplan, built out the core vision model for Tesla Autopilot.
As our Field Engineering team continues to grow, we’re looking for a player-coach to lead by example and build out the processes, systems, and structures that will support Scale’s ambitious growth goals.
Our Field Engineers ensure customers' experiences with Scale's technology are seamless and optimized to build a successful, long-term partnership. Field Engineers partner closely with Customer Success and Operations to lead existing customers through building production-grade data pipelines. We do this by knowing our customer’s use-cases inside and out, and creating the tooling and documentation needed to scalably support their growth.
Field Engineers in general are experts on Scale's products and codebase, and have general technical knowledge on web development, using APIs, and working with large volumes of data. Field Engineers are strong relationship builders, great project managers, and always fun to work with.
- Manage and hire a team of Field Engineers focused on Scale’s Computer Vision offerings
- Partner with Customer Success and Operations to remove any technical hurdles customers may face
- Develop technical domain expertise in areas of 3D Point Clouds, 2D Image Annotation, and working with API integrations.
- Be accountable for the customer’s technical experience throughout their time with Scale
- Design, develop and maintain playbooks, internal tools, Scale’s documentation and SDKs to quickly get customers set up for long-term success
- Evangelize Scale and interact with customers at major events
- Work with AEs and PMs to identify customer-specific feature requests
- Track record of success as a hybrid customer-facing engineer or similar function, wearing multiple hats along the way
- Strong engineering background preferably in Computer Science, Mathematics, or other quantitative fields
- Prior experience working with clients in a pre or post-sales capacity to realize business goals
- Strong project management and interpersonal skills
- Presentation skills with a high degree of technical credibility when speaking with executives and front-line engineers
- High level of comfort communicating effectively across internal and external organizations
- A desire to build a team as part of a high-growth organization
- Intellectual curiosity, empathy, and ability to operate with high velocity
Nice to haves:
- Experience in AI and Computer Vision
- Previous experience as a technical go-to-market resource
At Scale, we believe that the transition from traditional software to AI is one of the most important shifts of our time. Our mission is to make that happen faster across every industry, and our team is transforming how machine learning can build innovative products. Our products provide access to human-powered data for hundreds of use cases and are used by industry leaders such as Open AI, Lyft, GM, Samsung, Airbnb, NVIDIA, and many more. We’ve recently raised $325 million in Series E funding at a valuation of $7B+ and are expanding our team to accelerate the development of AI applications.
We believe that everyone should be able to bring their whole selves to work, which is why we are proud to be an inclusive and equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability status, gender identity or Veteran status.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at [email protected] Please see the United States Department of Labor's EEO poster and EEO poster supplement for additional information.
Job Type: Full-time