Job: Pre-Sales Engineer
- Do you get a sense of satisfaction out of solving problems others cannot?
- Do you get excited when technology can make people’s work life more effective and a business more profitable?
- Are you constantly looking for new things to learn?
- Do you have a background in manufacturing, distribution and/or accounting?
- Are you ready for a change?
The Syllogist Group is a SYSPRO Elite partner that delivers business solutions to mid-market companies. We specialize in the implementation and support of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), Customer Relations Management (CRM), Warehouse Management System (WMS), and Advanced Planning and Scheduling (APS) systems. For over 18 years Syllogist has been committed to providing high-quality customer service and support to our clients.
Syllogist is currently looking to hire a full time Pre-Sales Engineer to join our team.
Job Description: the Pre-Sales Engineer (PSE) contributes to Syllogist Group’s mission by establishing and nurturing client relations. They will work with team members and clients to achieve stated objectives and to identify and achieve business process/strategy improvements not identified or stated. The PSE will also work identifying the business requirements of our clients and devising solutions that can deliver results.
The right candidate will be hands-on in developing solutions and deeply focused on customer success. Also, the PSE will understand ERP Software (preferably Syspro). The candidate should have five years experience in setting up demos and demonstrating product in all facets of business to include accounting, distribution and manufacturing. You will enthusiastically engage with other Syllogist team members, business partners and clients. The right candidate will also be proficient in ERP, Powerpoint, Excel and Word.
The consultant has the following responsibilities and duties:
- Proactively scopes the technical solution required to address customer requirements, assesses customers’ met and unmet needs, and recommends solutions that optimize value for both the customer and the firm.
- Secures input from all necessary solution stakeholders within the customer firm. Adapts solutions, as necessary, to ensure appropriate support.
- Coordinates closely with internal sales, sales support and service resources to align solution design with customers’ business requirements.
The consultant should have the following skills and education experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Strong communication skills
- An executive presence and the ability to interact professionally with executive management
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to manage small and large projects and adapt to various business environments
- Ability to understand business processes and analyze business needs and requirements
- Possess a strong understanding/working knowledge of accounting procedures, terminology and standard practices
- Possess a strong understanding/working knowledge of manufacturing and distribution procedures, terminology and standard practices
- Previous experience with SYSPRO or other similar applications
- Practical experience in MRP/ERP applications
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Knowledge of SQL and report writers is a plus
The Syllogist Group will provide the following compensation:
- Salary is market-competitive and commensurate with experience
- Medical benefits including vision and dental
- Paid holidays and personal leave
- 401K with 3% contribution match
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Sales: 5 years (Required)
- Multiple locations