Evergreen Garden Market (EGM) Retail Associates provide our customers with outstanding service that helps to bring Evergreen’s vision of a mission-driven retail and educational garden centre to life. We seek to inspire others to live sustainably in their home and garden, and our team of enthusiastic, high-energy and knowledgeable staff are integral to achieving that goal.
Evergreen is a national not-for-profit helping make cities flourish. Cities that are low carbon, inclusive to all and sustainable at their core.
For 30 years, Evergreen has been making Canadian cities better places to move, work, live, play and grow. We have worked from coast to coast with governments, neighborhood groups, school boards, developers and residents, collaborating to create better communities.
About the Role:
This Retail Associates are customer service focused, with enthusiasm for sharing product knowledge and the creativity to help address all manner of guest needs.
- Provide friendly and enthusiastic customer service to guests
- Provide expert plant recommendations to customers for their food and/or native plant gardens
- Assist in plant maintenance and care
- Identify pests and diseases on plants and recommend Integrated Pest Management steps
- Accurately operate a computerized Point of Sale (POS) system and handle cash
- Troubleshoot POS issues such as error messages, mislabeled items, etc.
- Accurately record keep in relation to cash procedures
- Lead the proper procedures for opening and closing the store including float retrieval and return, cash deposit drops and credit/debit procedure
- Respond in a timely fashion to messages left on both store phone line store email box
- Understand and contribute to product flow and organize displays
- Work alongside volunteers and assist with delivery, set up and clean-up of seminars workshops
- Thoroughly carry out custodial tasks
- Respond as directed during emergency situations (ie. flood escalation, lost child)
- Ensure accuracy through cycle counts, data collection and receive product shipment and deliveries
- Contribute to positive workplace culture and great internal communication
- Model Evergreen’s core values of sustainability, innovation and connection
You excel in the following areas:
- Customer-focus: Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of others in the development and implementation of programs
- Communication. Communicate in a confident, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques depending on the audience.
- Attention to detail. Will not let important details slip through the cracks
- Flexibility/adaptability. Adjust quickly to changing circumstances, priorities and conditions, while maintaining effectiveness and efficiency
You have the following qualifications:
- Enthusiasm for learning new things and working with a team
- Available for day, evening and weekend shifts, as scheduled
- Able to stand for extended periods of time in order to assist customers throughout the store
- Able to lift heavy objects (up to 25lbs) on a regular basis
- Prior experience in customer service or retail environment considered an asset
- Prior experience with POS system and handling cash an asset
- Supervised by: Retail Sales Manager
- May help to provide guidance and oversight to volunteers
- Working indoors and outside, sometimes in inclement weather
- CSA approved Safety Shoes/Boots are required
- Hourly, part-time
How to Apply:
Application Deadline: August 9th, 2021
Application deadline: 2021-08-09
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $15.50 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday