Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Motivate dealer sales force creating a positive selling attitude toward the company's products in market segments assigned; specifically, municipal/governmental, airports, and the contractors who serve these customers. Establish personal relationships with major municipal and contractor fleet customers/end users within area of primary sales responsibility.
- Train dealer personnel on product walk arounds, product operations, selling process for company's products as well as sales related policies and procedures and encourage 100% dealer participation in ESG sponsored events including but not limited to: sales training, meetings, new product launches, etc. Attain 100% completion of ESGU (product) annual sales training.
- In coordination with the Area Regional Manager, gain and maintain product, application and competitive knowledge to present all ESG products in three dimensions. RSM should be able to operate all ESG products.
- Heavy focus on active demonstrations of products within assigned region and track personal as well as dealer performed demonstration activity monthly.
- Act as key liaison between factory and dealer for issues, deliveries, problem solving and other lingering issues.
- Engage in active selling. Guide and direct field sales activity within the area of primary sales responsibility in support of the dealer and the brand(s).
- In coordination with Dealer Development, Vacuum Excavation, and FS Depot, conduct annual Market Planning sessions to include reviewing prior year results, goals, objectives and action plans for upcoming year of whole goods.
- Follow-up and submission of quarterly dealer evaluations highlighting performance and action plan fulfillment relating to whole good sales against set objectives.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date scheduling of dealer visits, trade shows, demonstrations, sales calls and activities in both Outlook calendar and company endorsed CRM software. Report won, lost or pending (opportunities) sales through CRM. Assure timely follow up on company provided sales leads and ensure that status is updated into designated CRM program.
- Submit monthly accomplishment report including a rolling 90 day forecast for new business. In coordination with Dealer Development, recommend cancellation of ineffective dealers with supporting documented reasons for recommendation.
- Conduct regional sales meetings as needed and participate in national sales meetings as required.
- Attend and coordinate regional and national trade shows.
- Manage discount authorization and discount programs with strong emphasis on validation before authorization. Monitor ATD program with dealer network within prescribed guidelines.
- Recommend product changes as well as new product ideas, potential sales and promotional ideas and assist in resolution of credit and collections issues as required.
- Submit expense reports on a timely basis.
- Develop and maintain competitive manufacturers' profiles and report on their activity each month. Profile and contact competitive dealers within area of primary sales responsibility. Perform competitive drive-by's of competitive manufacturers and dealers within area of primary sales responsibility.
- Ensure that all business conducted in the region is consistent with the company's mission statement and standard of ethical practices.
- Perform other duties, assignments and special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required. Work experience in lieu of degree may be considered based on experience type and skills set.
- Minimum 3 years sales experience with capital goods/construction equipment or whole goods products.
- Proven mechanical aptitude and ability to demonstrate understanding of mechanical products.
- Possesses or has ability to obtain Commercial Driver's License.
- Good communication skills, a high degree of initiative, enthusiasm and sound decision making skills.
- Ability to travel up to 75% - 80% of work time.
- Successful candidate must live in this sales area of primary responsibility.
Benefits of Employment
In addition to excellent career growth opportunities, Federal Signal Corporation offers a wide array of benefits including: annual bonus potential, insurance (life, medical, dental, vision), paid holidays, paid vacation, 401(k) with matching contributions and tuition reimbursement. We provide our employees with a smoke-free, drug-free workplace.
Sold and serviced through a network of more than 100 dealer locations worldwide, Elgin Sweeper products are the sweepers of choice for a variety of general street maintenance, special industrial and airport applications. With more than 100 years of experience, Elgin Sweeper offers municipalities, contractors and industries the most sweeper options in the country, using the latest sweeping technologies—mechanical, pure vacuum, regenerative air, alternative fuel and waterless dust control. Elgin Sweeper is a subsidiary of Federal Signal Corporation’s Environmental Solutions Group. For more information, visit www.elginsweeper.com.
Federal Signal Corporation (NYSE: FSS) provides products and services to protect people and our plant. Founded in 1901, Federal Signal is a leading global designer and manufacturer of products and total solutions that serve municipal, governmental, industrial and commercial customers. Headquartered in Oak Brook, IL, with manufacturing facilities worldwide, the Company operates two groups: Environmental Solutions and Safety and Security Systems. For more information on Federal Signal, visit: www.federalsignal.com.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of, and will receive consideration for employment without regard to, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category, characteristic, or trait under applicable law. If you require reasonable accommodation in the application process, call Human Resources at 630-954-2000. All other applications must be submitted online.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)