As a Software Engineer working in NSX R&D, you will have an opportunity to work on Next Generation Security solutions. You will build the next generation of Networking Firewalls and analytics product using your expertise in distributed systems, operating systems, networking and software technologies to tackle challenging customer use cases and delight them in the process. You will be part of a bright engineering team that has open communication, innovation, empowerment and a customer success culture. You will also collaborate with multi-functional teams on creative projects, with the authority and scope to apply your expertise in a dynamic and technically driven environment.
- Be part of an engineering team building an enterprise class management platform for distributed networking services.
- Use agile methodologies to design, implement and test new features.
- Help maintain technical acumen in key technology areas to help guide the evolution of our platform.
- Should be able to guide fellow engineers and collaborate with other engineering and product teams on new technologies and ideas.
- Maintain existing code and support the service.
- Support our partners, customers and community users on support forums, mailing lists and issue trackers.
- Help present at our internal tech meetings.
- 4-6+ years of relevant industry work experience.
- Excellent coding skills in Java.
- Recommends and maintains technical design methodologies, processes and standards.
- Experience in engineering highly scalable and distributed systems.
- Experience writing automated tests in Python.
- Experience with github/gitlab or other source code management .
- Able to collaborate and excel in a fast-paced high-performance environment.
- Strong understanding of database technologies including MySQL, Postgres etc.
- Object oriented programming techniques.
- Previous experience working in a security related software development effort is a plus.
- Experience in optimizing and scaling systems performance.
Category : Engineering and Technology
Subcategory: Software Engineering
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-08-02
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.