Hoover CS would like an Account Executive with 3+ years in Freight Forwarding Experience
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide Necessary Documents
- Provide Warehouse with loading docs
- Communicates with customer service, operations and customers for any requirements or exceptions found in freight documents or physical cargo receipt
- Responsible for timely update of milestones
- As a contingency to Customer Service, the Operations Coordinator will contact customers with exceptions to advise shipment status or to obtain shipment information in a professional manner
- Assists the day-to-day logistic operations of the export department to ensure that customer requirements are met
- Ensure that file contains all necessary document copies in proper sequence
- Assists with ensuring that payable and receivable documents are completed accurately and forwarded within time constraints
- Trace shipment through transit points up to final destination and advice customer service as needed
- Ensures that highest level of data quality and integrity by processing shipment accurately
- Other duties as assigned by management
- Organize all activities involved in the shipping process out of the Houston facility.
a. Documentation for shipment of material, parts, finished goods and related items.
b. Selecting contracted freight carriers.
c. Scheduling and routing.
- Contact carrier representative to make arrangements and to issue instruction for loading products.
- Examines outgoing shipments to ensure shipments meet specifications.
- Verify shipping orders for quantities, destination, and routing.
- Check items to be shipped against Work Orders.
- Responsible for all administrative functions necessary to plan and execute shipments.
- Determines routing and legal limits of trucks, according to established schedules and weight limits of states.
- Inspects loading operations to ensure compliance with shipping specifications and seals loaded truck doors.
- Records unfilled orders. Post’s weight and shipping charges. Prepares bills of lading.
- Use related office equipment in completing assigned tasks.
- Maintain ISO log, manual updates, shipping files and records. Informs Supervisor of current procedure updates.
- Coordinate and instruct other personnel in the shipping process.
- 3+ years of experience as logistics coordinator preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- General knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Experience in a transaction processing role
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to operate in global environment
- Self-managing and pro-active
- Detail oriented
- Ability to balance multiple priorities
- Desire to work in a transaction processing environment
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in US domestic freight / ocean / air transport industry
- Directs the logistic process with Freight Forwarding Companies/Agents
- Communicates with customer service, operations, freight agents, and customers for all delivery/returns of company assets or parts.
- Researches and analyzes freight costs and classifications, delivery methods, and delivery schedules to minimize delivery costs and maximize customer satisfaction
- Familiar with a variety of the logistic industry’s concepts, practices, and procedures
English is the principal language for this position. This position requires good written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively in a diverse multicultural environment.
Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint, and other technical software is required.