Graco manufactures and markets premium equipment to move, measure, control, dispense and spray a wide variety of fluid and powder materials. What does that mean? Well, we pump peanut butter into your jar, and the oil in your car. We glue the soles of your shoes, the glass in your windows and the screen on your phone. We spray the finish on your vehicle, coatings on your pills, the paint on your house and texture on your walls. Graco is part of your daily life.
Graco has excellent opportunities available to individuals who want to be part of fast-moving, growing company – especially candidates committed to quality, innovation and solving customer problems. Graco was proud to be named a Best Place to Work in Manufacturing and Production by Fortune Magazine in 2016, 2018 and 2019.
The qualified Technical Sales Representative will be the primary inside sales contact for incoming phone inquiries from customers and prospects. Our Technical Sales Representatives conduct outbound follow-up calls on leads, prepares equipment proposals, and prospects for new business and work closely with the territory Sales Managers.
- Fields incoming phone calls as the first level of contact with QED
- Makes outbound phone calls to follow up on outstanding proposals, leads and prospects for new business
- Provide support to customers for product-related inquiries, including answering technical questions and produces literature fulfillment requests
- Review and process orders received from customers, including design of proposals initiated by customers or the field sales team
- Helps to qualify leads for the field sales team
- Ensures that all pertinent sales information (i.e. competitors involved, bidding job or already in-house, important buying factors, etc.) is understood prior to finalizing proposals
- Process and respond to customer inquiries, deductions, requirements, complaints, and other needs in the most expeditious and courteous manner possible (i.e. shipping errors, entry errors, and traffic questions)
- Make promise date commitments to customers as required and follow through to ensure that commitments are either met or the customer receives as much advance notice as possible
- Gathers information on product effectiveness and helps to maintain customer reference lists
- Act as a resource to other customer service personnel and other departments
- Assist supervisor in design and delivery of departmental training sessions for customer service personnel
- Conduct one-on-one product and procedure training within the work team and serve as a mentor
- Expected to handle special projects on an as-needed basis, including attending trade shows, traveling with the field sales force, training new personnel, and helping to assist in the production of sales tools
- Interface with other departments to expedite product to meet customer requirements
- Expert in all resources that aid in resolving customer inquiries
- Develop work procedures and work instructions
- Actively engage in continuous improvement programs
- Other duties as assigned
- Some travel required
- 4 year College degree or equivalent experience required
- Previous technical sales experience required, with willingness to obtain additional sales skills through company-sponsored seminars, courses, outside reading, etc.
- Technical and Sales aptitude required
- Very good presentation and communication skills
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work well with others
QED Environmental Systems is an equal employment opportunity employer and qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
Proven Quality. Leading Technology. Launch your career with Graco!
Graco offers attractive compensation, benefits and career development opportunities. Graco’s comprehensive benefits include medical, dental, stock purchase plan, 401(k), tuition reimbursement and more.
Our expectations are high. That's why we are always looking to hire the brightest and the best!