Job Type: Full-time, non-exempt, commission after training period
The Sales Manager is responsible for delivering store sales and service success through sales leadership, developing and motivating a successful sales team and supporting the operational performance of the store. The Sales Manager drives performance by appropriately delegating assignments, resolution issues and building teamwork. The Sales Manager works well with other members of the team across departments and locations. The Sales Manager promotes the Scandinavian Design Philosophy creating a warm and welcoming customer experience. All our associates are passionate about design and quality products and are committed to providing exceptional service.
What You Will Do
- Under the direction of the Store Manager lead the sales growth and profitability of your store and the quality performance of the team.
- Support the recruitment, development and retention of a motivated, high performing sales, sales support and service staff in order to achieve and exceed sales goals.
- Coach Associates on exceptional sales performance.
- Coach Associates on Company policy and procedure compliance.
- Lead by example, maintaining a strong professional presence at all times and act as Store Manager when required.
- Manage sales, service, administrative and/or operational assignments or functions assigned by the Store Manager.
- Provide exceptional customer care in a manner that models a positive attitude and enthusiasm for our products and builds lasting relationships with our customers.
- Demonstrate expertise in our merchandise, knowing the qualities, benefits, features and ensure appropriate stock levels, signage and tags.
- Stay current with and promote company communications, advertising and marketing promotions and events and other initiatives.
- Demonstrate company standards in selling, service, visual merchandising and teamwork.
- Ensure company policy and procedures are adhered to on a consistent basis including opening and closing actions, cash handling, sales documentation, expenses and employment and payroll protocol.
- Maintain, enforce and supervise store safety standards and training.
- Actively participate and/or facilitate team meetings with Associates.
- May perform scheduling and payroll reporting activities in compliance with Company standards.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Who You Are
- Experience in a commission-based retail selling.
- Demonstrated success in personal sales and providing exceptional customer service.
- Experience with interior design and design concepts highly appreciated.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good computer skills, able to perform store analytics and required calculations.
- The ability to use reasonable and effective decision making skills in a constantly changing environment.
- Valid driver’s license in state where store is located.
- Able to work a combination of days, evenings and weekends.
- Schedule includes weekends, some evenings, holiday work, inventory and other busy times.
- Standing and walking most of the day.
- Some lifting and assisted lifting for floor displays and merchandise settings (30 lbs.).
- Some bending, kneeling and stooping.
- Light cleaning, vacuuming and dusting.
- Working with hand tools for assemblies.
- Occasional travel to customer sites and meetings.
- Able to successfully complete the pre-employment background check.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Management experience in customer service, retail sales, interior design or consulting preferred and not required.
Scandinavian Designs Furniture Offers:
- Benefits - Medical, Dental, Vision, Health Savings Account (HSA)*
- 401k with employer contribution
- Work life balance - Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Fun and rewarding work
- Visually inspiring workplace
- Family-oriented team environment
- Regular schedule
- Generous merchandise discounts
- Pet Insurance
- Tuition assistance
- Benefits eligibility depends on scheduled hours.
A family business 50+ years in the making, with over +40 furniture showrooms across the U.S., our sister-brands (Scandinavian Designs and Dania Furniture) are a contemporary home furnishings destination rooted in a love for Nordic culture, modern design and quality craftsmanship. We offer extensive product and sales training to facilitate career growth. Our compensation includes a competitive pay program, comprehensive health and retirement benefits.
We're an equal opportunity employer to all. We interview and hire applicants of all backgrounds, orientations, expressions, and identities.
The job description and other job postings should not be construed to contain every function/responsibility that may be required to be performed by an associate in this job. Associates are required to perform other related functions as assigned.