Role: Door Opener - Business Development Professional (Enterprise Sales)
Job Type: Part Time, Project-based, Flexible Hours (typically 20-30 hours per week)
Remote – based anywhere within the Continental US
About Kopp Consulting
The Door Opener® Service has helped thousands of business leaders and salespeople secure initial meetings with executive level decision makers, opening new doors to large sales, in medium size as well as Fortune 500 companies.
During a period of time when gaining new customers has become almost impossible, Kopp has developed a business model that helps clients fill their pipelines and achieve the growth their competitors only dream about.
Kopp Consulting has been on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing U.S. companies for two consecutive years and won the Stevie award for Sales Outsourcing Provider of the Year.
What is a Door Opener?
If you are a well-seasoned BDR with a consistently high track record of achievement, who enjoys opening new prospect doors and wants to earn great money utilizing your talent in a part time, remote, project based position, consider joining one of the best sales teams in the country in providing a service which is critical to the growth, profit and success of most businesses.
Our Door Openers are responsible for reaching out to prospective clients, creating initial interest and securing meetings with key decision makers.
- Secure and schedule initial meetings with high-level decisions makers on behalf of our clients
- Call, email and follow up with contacts from a pre-vetted prospect list to capture their attention
- Open and maintain new dialogues via phone and email with our clients’ prospects
- Ensure that our client has the background and information to achieve the optimal outcome from each meeting
- Understand prospect list strategy and communicate changes to the research team
- Confirm meetings, write meeting reports and bi-weekly reviews, track performance and report to clients and management
- Work with CRM tools to record all activity on behalf of our clients
- Work with prospecting and research tools and with our research department on refining prospect lists
- Attend internal and external meetings via videoconferencing
- Provide consultative sales advice to our clients and peers
- Provide clients, prospects and team members (at all levels) with superior support, service and respect
Required Skills and Experience:
- 10+ years sales / business development experience with a successful track-record of landing meetings with executive-level prospects (C-level, SVP, VP, Director)
- Ability to learn, understand and communicate complex information
- Exceptional at navigating large organizations to the find the right decision makers
- Strong ability to engage prospects and their assistants in dialogue, quickly build rapport, actively listen and maneuver conversations in real time to achieve the maximum number of meetings possible
- Great at the consultative sale, especially when decision makers are hard to find and difficult to reach
- Known for delivering results with a high level of initiative, effort and commitment
- Strong written communication skills with the ability to write short/compelling/personalized/non-salesy emails and demonstrate clear/concise/correct grammar
- Knowledge of using research/insights to make emails/voicemails/live dialogue even more compelling
- Self-motivated, disciplined, methodical, superior attention to detail and enjoy a good challenge
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with different personality types
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and work autonomously with little supervision
- Advanced computer proficiency – Strong proficiency with CRM and prospecting platforms, Excel and MS-Office skills, proficiency with Outlook, Google Suite/Apps, file sharing and Zoom