Wagner Equipment Co., the Caterpillar dealer for Colorado, New Mexico and far west Texas, is seeking applications for an Inside Sales Engineer. This position can be located in Aurora, Colorado or Albuquerque, New Mexico.
A career with Wagner Equipment Co. offers growth opportunities and a comprehensive benefits package. Click here to learn more.
The Inside Sales engineer supports outside sales reps who are selling industrial and oil & gas engine and pump solutions. Primary job duties include reviewing bid specs, interfacing with general contractors and engineering firms, engineering solutions, developing project pricing, interfacing with fabrication shop, project management, and other activities required to propose, win, fabricate, and install industrial and oil & gas solutions. Direct sales responsibility for select pump accounts such as Flowserve and Sulzer.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions
- Provides estimates and bids for all Industrial and Oil & Gas business for the assigned salesmen
- Has direct sales responsibility for select Pump accounts such as Flowserve and Sulzer
- Reviews plans and specifications and interprets specific job requirements and scope of work
- Prepares quote worksheets, obtains vendor and shop quotation, and generates cost proposals with the scope of work, for the final proposal from the outside sales team to customer
- Responds to all telephone and email inquiries for quotations and assists the assigned salesman with the formulation of the proposal to the customer
- Qualifies inquires and distributes leads to outside sales reps
- Follows up on all bid jobs to determine the successful contractor and determines Wagner’s competitive position on all jobs quoted
- Maintains internal relationships within Wagner for leads, marketing, accounting, and other critical areas of success
- Attends all Wagner based training, as needed
- Travel is occasionally required
- Maintains a win/loss bid log for outside salesmen
- Uses Customer Solutions Quoter (CSQ) and Sales Link (CRM / Project Management) for all Sales, Quoting, Bidding, and Project related business.
- Attends and conducts meetings with the engineers, contractors, and end users as needed
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and meetings and reviewing professional publications
- Keeps track of all lead databases and works with the assigned salesmen to qualify and quote the opportunity.
- Interacts with the outside sales team daily to play to win on every deal
- Proven electrical and mechanical technical experience designing, specking, quoting, and selling industrial engine and Oil & Gas solutions.
- All other duties assigned
- 1- 25%
- Data Entry
- Telephone Skills
- Safety Knowledge
- Reading/Writing Skills
- Reasoning Skills
- Organizational Skills
- Communication Skills
- Math Skills
- Product Knowledge
- Decision Making
- Planning and Prioritizing
- Ability to inspire and support others
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel
- Noise: Moderate
- Indoors and Outdoors
- Use of Hands
- Sedentary work that primarily involves sitting/standing but may require occasionally lifting and/or moving up to 25 pounds
Required Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED
- College Degree in any discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience
- At least four (4) years experiences with industrial engine and Oil & Gas equipment sales
- 3-5 years in outbound phone sales preferred
- 5+ years customer service experience
- 5+ years sales experience
Additional Eligibility Requirements:
- Must pass all required pre-employment screenings which may include but are not limited to background checks, drug/alcohol testing, fit for duty testing, and any other job-related tests/screenings
Pay Rate: $60,000.00 Annually + Commission
Employee Benefits: Wagner Equipment Co. provides the following benefits to all full-time employees
- Paid Time Off (PTO) Plan
- Company Paid Holidays
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- 401K Savings Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.
Wagner Equipment Co. is an EEO/AA/Veterans/Disabled employer.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor???s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)