We are currently seeking a Sales Manager in the Fort Worth, TX area. The Sales Manager is a hands-on seller responsible for capturing new business and developing existing relationships. This role is an acting liaison and an ambassador for the hotel, which entails providing strong leadership and strategic planning with all departments in support of our service culture.
- Identify and book local business accounts for overnight accommodations – transient and group segments
- Respond to a high volume of incoming booking opportunities including e-mails, walk-ins, phone calls and wedding website inquiries.
- Booking, selling, planning, and coordinating events and social events while assuring the highest level of customer service.
- Build and strengthen relationships with existing and new customers to enable future bookings.
- Execute contracts and BEO’s, prepare invoices for daily events and ensure timeliness of final payments and deposits.
- Understand the overall business and group market, competitor’s strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand, and how to sell against them.
- Serve the customer by understanding their needs and recommending the appropriate features and services that best meet their needs and exceed their expectations.
- Interacts effectively with all departments within the hotel to ensure guest satisfaction and a positive work environment.
- Assists in organizing on-site bridal events and attend outside bridal shows.
- Assists with maintaining social media sites including but not limited to the hotel website, Facebook, Wedding wire and The Knot. Follow up appropriately with past appointments and report any issues and/or client inquiries to the Director of Sales.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 2 years of sales or hospitality experience.
- Knowledge of Delphi, Word, Excel.
- Complete required Sales Reports.
- Ability to read and decipher financial reports and records.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to travel if needed.
- Valid Driver’s License required.
- Basic computer skills: Excel, Word, Outlook.
- Available to work nights, weekends and holidays as needed.
- The ability to lift up to 30 pounds.
- All other duties as assigned.
Benefits include: Paid Time Off, dental insurance, vision insurance and 401k
Job Type: Full-time
- Day shift
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
- One location