Job title: Director of Sales
Reports to: President
FLSA status: Salaried Exempt
The Director of Sales holds the primary responsibility of establishing the sales targets to meet company objectives. This person is responsible for developing strategic, contract sales plans based on company goals that will promote sales growth and net profit for Great Western Dining Service while fostering a culture of success. The Director of Sales interacts regularly with and reports directly to the GWD president.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the development of new and potential business aligned with strategic company sales objectives within a determined geographic area
- Maintains current and accurate databases of leads, prospect lists and potential clients related to sales
- Defines sales processes and strategies that achieve desired outcome of sales, market share, account retention and market growth targets, identifying improvements where and when required
- Develops and presents detailed and accurate sales proposals, presentations, or other documents based on determination of client needs, business objectives and Request for Proposal requirements
- Achieves sales goals through prospect identification and qualification; creative solutions and offers; successful negotiation and contract closing with a strong understanding of organizational capability
- Coordinates, produces and executes contractual documents
- Nurtures relationships with current and potential clients through multifaceted, long-term selling cycles and in-depth knowledge of outsourced service solutions for the higher education market
- Manages the resources necessary to achieve and deliver sustainable, profitable growth
- Manages customer expectations and contributes to a high level of client satisfaction
- Puts in place infrastructures and systems to support the success of the sales function
- Researches and evaluates competitor practices and tactics to develop and implement new growth strategies
- Assists District Managers with key client relationships and provides assistance with successful contract negotiations and closings
- Maintains and provides to GWD president comprehensive, monthly up-to-date sales prospect pipeline
- Travels extensively and on demand for in person meetings with prospective and current clients
SECONDARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Role models and promotes GWD as the employer of choice
- Participates in Company-related workshops, training programs or meetings to further promote or enhance the food and service function goals of Great Western Dining
- Other duties as assigned
- Prior successful experience building corporate sales strategies, preferably in the Higher Education food service sector
- Prior successful experience building and growing a viable prospect channel
- Experience managing slow-sale key client relationships and closing strategic opportunities
- Successful experience building and managing a territory
- Must be able to work independently and demonstrate problem solving, innovation and customer service skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Mathematical abilities to calculate KPIs such as discounts, interest, commissions, percentages, ROI and break-even point
- Recognized as an exceptional communicator to superiors, subordinates, clients and guests
- Ability to respond effectively to changing demands and expectations
- Proficient with CRM software
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or Apple equivalent, Publisher, Adobe In-Design or Photoshop
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Must hold a bachelor's degree in restaurant/hotel management, business management, marketing, communications, or similar discipline
- A minimum of five (5) years of sales or industry-related work experience required
- Ability to read and interpret contractual documents (i.e., proposals), SOPs, and procedure manuals
- Ability to write persuasive correspondence as well as routine reports
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers and employees of the organization
- Ability to nurture necessary relationships to accomplish desired results both inside and outside the organization
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited data exists
- Ability to create accurate labor forecasts and complex budgets based on predictive information
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, percentages, ROI, and break-even point
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of CRM software, email applications, spreadsheet and Word Processing software (i.e., Microsoft Excel and Word platforms), Photoshop or similar, In-Design and CAD software
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Valid driver's license and a clean driving record
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties and responsibilities of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk and sit; use hands to grasp, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop or crouch; talk, hear, taste, and smell. The employee will spend a large majority of time driving a vehicle.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties and responsibilities of this job, the employee may frequently be subject to changing demands and expectations while adapting to eminent deadlines. The employee is required to maintain utmost professional composure, communication, and a high standard of customer service at all times.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties and responsibilities of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to commercial kitchens consisting of moving mechanical parts and potentially slick or wet floors. The employee is frequently exposed to scalding water, hot surfaces, open flames, risk of electrical shock and chemical exposure. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, however, the noise level can fluctuate to loud on occasion.