At Konecranes, we invest in our people by offering a competitive base salary plus an uncapped commission structure and a company vehicle. We also offer excellent benefits, including: medical, dental, and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan with a generous company match and tenure-based contributions, tuition reimbursement; life and disability insurance; vacation and other leave programs; and opportunities for both formal and on the job training. If you are looking to lift your career in sales, think Konecranes! We are the world leading group of Lifting Businesses™ and are looking for ambitious and motivated individuals to join our sales team.
- Engage in various sales activities to sell safety and productive retrofits, components, modernization and new equipment to existing customers and develop new accounts to meet minimum established sales quotas.
- Prepare or assist in preparing price estimates for service work using established tools, guidelines and input from the service department.
- Maintain personal contact with all existing accounts in your area. Prepare related monthly reports.
- When required, maintain monthly contact with assigned accounts to develop relationships. Document activity with key accounts. Prepare account plans with appropriate actions and forward to District Manager. Schedule and conduct business reviews for customers on an annual basis or as needed.
- Prepare and maintain a log in CRM software of all activities, business opportunities and offers submitted to customers and provide report to manager weekly.
- Monitor workload of service department and ensure all open time slots are filled with sold work.
- Qualify all any projects or credit worthiness as needed. Check D&B ratings and obtain credit application, if appropriate. Obtain tax-exempt certificate, if required.
- Monitor the credit control list and assist in collection efforts of problem accounts, as needed. Consult district staff prior to delivery of services or materials to accounts outstanding for over 60 days.
- Monitor the contract renewal process to ensure customer needs are met in a timely manner and opportunities are not lost. Contact accounts that are not renewing their agreements. Document all sales activity in the CRM System. Establish and maintain on-going communications with the service department to address issues related to the customer base.
- Maintain customer and contact information in the CRM software, as required.
- Follow all established safety rules and procedures, including those established by the customer.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Education: Bachelor’s degree or Associate’s degree preferred however, prior equivalent experience and training will be considered in lieu of formal degree.
Experience: Two (2) years’ experience in service related sales preferred however equivalent education, experience and training will be considered. Must have demonstrated leadership experience, a basic understanding of mechanical and electrical principles, good written and verbal communication skills and good PC skills. Prior experience with cranes is a plus.
Other Requirement: Must have and maintain a good driving record. Must be willing and able to work off the ground, on occasion. Ability to relocate to other regions of the country may be required or advancement opportunities
Job Types: Full-time, Commission
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Commission pay
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- B2B Oustide Sales: 1 year (Required)
- Industrial Sales: 1 year (Preferred)
- Equipment or component sales: 1 year (Preferred)
- electrical and/or mechanical knowledge: 1 year (Preferred)
- manufacturing sales: 1 year (Preferred)
- CRM software: 1 year (Preferred)