Join Intel and help us create the next generation of technologies. Our purpose is to create world-changing technology that enriches the lives of every person on Earth. So, join us and help shape the future for decades to come.
Corporate Services (CS) cultivates an environment where all our employees can prosper while creating the innovative technologies that make amazing possible. Our scope is vast and includes operating and maintaining all Intel sites, onsite services, offices, labs, and factories globally. We champion strategies to make Intel and our community a greener place by supporting Intel's commitment to environmental sustainability, including investing in conservation projects, water use, energy, and waste generation. In addition, we drive company-wide reductions in greenhouse emissions. We foster a diverse and inclusive culture that values and embraces individual uniqueness and empowers employees to bring their whole selves to work to deliver their very best and achieve their full potential.
In Corporate Services we approach Diversity & Inclusion with the same rigor, accountability, and visibility as our critical business strategies, embedding diversity and inclusion practices in everything we do! We are responsible for building an environment where all employees feel empowered to achieve their full potential. We are a global workforce that generates a diversity of thought and innovation, resulting in better overall business results. Corporate Services values and embraces individual uniqueness and empowers employees to bring their whole selves to deliver their very best. We thoughtfully embed inclusivity and diversity as core strengths in our hiring, career development, and training practices. Corporate Services’ success depends on our people and we highly value our amazing employees. Make Corporate Services your workplace of choice today!
In this position, you will work as a Water Treatment (WATR) lab analytical chemist. Our high-volume testing facility is seeking an Analytical Chemist to conduct routine analyses of chemical/wastewater samples. In this role, you will utilize gas chromatography, high-performance liquid chromatography, and other techniques to analyze chemical compounds.
You will also test samples for quality control purposes. In addition to performing these tests, you will monitor our inventory of consumables and reagents to ensure we have enough supplies to keep up with our testing schedule. Applicants must have a bachelor's or master's degree in chemistry, biochemistry, or a closely related field as well as experience performing analysis in a laboratory environment.
The Analytical Lab Technician will be responsible for but not limited to:
- Responsible for running different analytical equipment and work with the team in developing different test methods.
- Assists other engineers in the assessment of process health and defect identification through data lab data mining and correlation.
- Owns hands-on physical analysis, including sample preparation and distribution.
- Assignments are semi-routine but may include a wide array of laboratory techniques and skills, equipment maintenance, and process/controls troubleshooting.
- Work from technical documents, design layout, written BKMs, and/or verbal directions to complete tasks in assigned areas.
- Develop and edit technical documents, including operating documents, job plans, and troubleshooting documents.
- Maintain necessary records and reports. Perform other related duties as required or as directed.
- Utilize MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel).
- Use GC, HPLC, ICP-OES and ICP-MS, and other techniques to analyze chemical samples.
- Wastewater sample analysis for different analytes such as COD, TN, Ammonia, metals, etc.
- PCR analysis for different wastewater streams.
- Test chemical samples for quality control.
- Follow testing schedules.
- Monitor our inventory of consumables and reagents.
- Perform instrument maintenance.
The ideal candidate should exhibit the following behavioral traits:
- Analytical skills.
- Role modeling safety behaviors.
- Influencing team members.
- Written and verbal communication skills.
- Organization and time management skills.
- Is willing to excel as an individual contributor and part of a team and work effectively across multiple facilities operations disciplines.
We provide opportunities to innovate and transform technology to create a better future where the brightest minds in the world can come together to achieve exceptional results.
We offer a competitive salary and financial benefits such as bonuses, life and disability insurance, opportunities to buy Intel stock at a discounted rate, and Intel stock awards (eligibility at the discretion of Intel Corporation).
We provide benefits that promote a healthy, enjoyable life: excellent medical plans, wellness programs, and amenities, flexible work hours, generous time off, recreational activities, discounts on various products and services, and many more creative perks that make Intel a Great Place to Work.
We're constantly working on making a more connected and intelligent future, and we need your help.
Change tomorrow, start today!
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
Position not eligible for Intel immigration sponsorship.
The candidate must possess at least one of the following:
- Bachelor's degree in Chemistry, Biology, Biochemistry or a closely related field.
- 3 years of experience in analytical chemistry.
- 3 years of experience as an analyst working in a wastewater laboratory.
- 1 year of experience with gas chromatography, PCR, ICP-OES, ICP-MS, LCMS and high performance liquid chromatography (HPLC).
- Knowledge of water treatment equipment and processes such as biological treatment systems reverse osmosis and thermal evaporation systems.
- General system troubleshooting skills.
- Experience performing specific analytical analyses to measure water quality analytes such as PCR TDS turbidity pH, TOC, TN, NO3, NH3, TSS, Total Hardness, H2O2, COD Dissolved Oxygen ORP Cl Phosphorous MLSS MLVSS and bacteriological testing.
As the world's largest chip manufacturer, Intel strives to make every facet of semiconductor manufacturing state-of-the-art - from semiconductor process development and manufacturing, through yield improvement to packaging, final test and optimization, and world class Supply Chain and facilities support. Employees in the Technology and Manufacturing Group are part of a worldwide network of design, development, manufacturing, and assembly/test facilities, all focused on utilizing the power of Moore’s Law to bring smart, connected devices to every person on Earth
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.