Description & Requirements
DescriptionThis architecture role is a hands-on, leadership role combining technical expertise with strategic vision and mentoring in the implementation and design of complex solutions to achieve customer objectives. As a Solutions Architect, you will partner with customers, strategic partners, engineering, and product teams to craft scalable, flexible and resilient architectures that address customer business problems and accelerate the adoption of our new services. Ideally, you’re someone who can write code with the best of them, but also wants to help guide the organization on the broader scope of technologies leveraged with the objective of improving customer experience. The candidate should have a broad scope of knowledge related to Java based SaaS solutions, preferably in the public cloud.
- Articulate, define, and execute on API strategic vision and capabilities to support application and customer business requirements in a distributed, cloud environment.
- Plan, architect, and guide delivery of critical, complex integration and extensibility solutions to meet customer business needs
- Develop algorithms to capture API usage analytics and work with Data Science teams to find usage patterns to address critical operational problems
- Collaborate with development and operations leadership to identify application and service feature gaps, improvement opportunities, and proactive enhancements to increase quality of service.
- As a customer advocate, work directly with multiple organizations to ensure overall technical gaps are identified and addressed for enterprise customers. Gaps may include a wide array of needs from application features, performance concerns, public cloud service integration and many more.
- Executive-level communication abilities and able to explain complex deployment topics to both non-technical and technical staff.
- 8+ years of hands-on experience in defining solution architecture, development and implementation.
- Experience with Java/J2EE stack, with a solid engineering foundation indicated by a demonstrated understanding of product design of complex systems and/or web-based enterprise applications for a SaaS multi-tenant environment
- 5+ years of experience in working with enterprise SaaS applications
- Bachelor's degree in business, computer science or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies/services and provide a horizontal view (across many services) as opposed to a deep vertical view
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks as well as changing priorities
- Ability to recognize issues, take ownership and resolve with minimal supervision
- Experience in managing a team is a plus
Corporate overviewHere at UKG, Our Purpose Is People. UKG combines the strength and innovation of Ultimate Software and Kronos, uniting two award-winning, employee-centered cultures. Our employees are an extraordinary group of talented, energetic, and innovative people who care about more than just work. We strive to create a culture of belonging and an employee experience that empowers our people. UKG has more than 13,000 employees around the globe and is known for its inclusive workplace culture. Ready to be inspired? Learn more at www.ukg.com/careers
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ultimate Kronos Group is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive considerations for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, and any other legally protected status under federal, state, or local anti-discrimination laws.