Want to work for a company that is reimagining distribution? Join Univar Solutions, the premier global distributor of chemicals and ingredients. Our goal is to function as a direct extension of our customers’ teams; to serve as an ally in their quest of business success.
At Univar Solutions, we’re building on our more than 90 years of experience and drawing on deep resources – inventory and logistics experts, scientists, PhDs, procurement, customer service, sales and marketers-to deliver consultative services and an unmatched portfolio to solve customers’ formulation and operational challenges. When you work for Univar Solutions, you’ll play an important role in shaping how we deliver more than chemical and ingredients.
As a Sales Account Manager, you will:
- Build profitable sales in an assigned territory through additional sales with current customers and demonstrates commitment to prospecting and new business development.
- Employ a consultative sales approach that focuses on building a long term, value-based relationship with accounts, penetrating them for further business and margin growth while reducing the time and costs in managing them.
- Prospect for new business; conduct sales calls and actively grow the size of your territory.
- Focus on customer retention and improving overall customer satisfaction.
- Provide customer technical support and consultant services to increase our overall value to the customer.
- Set pricing and service levels, as well as maintain and coordinate customer quotations
- Coordinate with Local Sales, Purchasing, and Operations to insure proper inventory levels and overall customer satisfaction.
- Communicate clearly to insure local Univar Solutions employees and customer contactss are aware of account activity and any actions required to successfully service the customer.
Qualifications you'll need:
- 5+ years of experience in a sales position with a proven track record of success
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience with technical, industrial manufacturing,or chemical industry sales a plus; distribution background preferred
- Experience selling into the coatings, adhesives, sealants, and elastomers industry is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate an extensive network of contacts
- Competitive drive for results and a growth mindset
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills and the ability to develop strong, successful business relationships with customers as well as internal teammates
- Excellent computer skills including MS Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint as well as CRM platforms such as Salesforce.com
- Well-honed listening skills and a problem-solving attitude to uncover needs and motivations in order to overcome objections and close sales
- Effective negotiation skills that allow Univar to realize appropriate value for products and services, rather than resorting to price-based selling
Univar Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other protected classification.
We offer comprehensive benefits to employees including medical, dental, STD, LTD and life insurance, 401k, generous PTO and much more.