Got Sales Skills?
Inside Sales Professionals are a talented group of individuals that can discover sales opportunities on a consultative basis and able turn leads into new customers. The Inside Sales Professional will play a key role in expanding our sales activities to support our fast-growing business. This position requires that the individual primarily handle the front counter sales focusing on customer relationship, managing sales of the company’s products and services, tracking, investigating, and reporting sales information providing customer service while interfacing with external vendors.
At FBM we believe in doing business with integrity and being the company of choice for both our customers and our team.
Come build your career at an exciting and growing organization within the building materials industry!
- Professional and courteous ongoing contact with customers before, during and after a sale.
- Code and input customer orders, pricing information and additional data into the computer system
- Provide excellent customer support through knowledge of our products and their applications
- Continuously improve and maintain in-depth product knowledge
- Coordinate deliveries with Operations staff
- Assist walk-in customers
- Handle and resolve customer issues
- Assist Outside Sales Representatives as needed
- Maintain effective communication with customers, management, and Outside Sales Representatives
- Focus on securing the profitable sales opportunity with each customer through excellent selling, service and problem-solving
- Effective at up selling and cross selling
- Coordinate purchase and delivery of special products.
- Maintain stock levels on the sales floor and in the stockroom
- Operate and balance cash register daily
- As needed, initiate telephone calls to customers to generate sales
- Respond swiftly and courteously to customer complaints or inquiries
- When required, participate in monthly and/or annual physical inventories
- Support our company values in the stated areas of Safety, Customer Focus, Teamwork, Integrity, and being the company of choice for both employees and customers
- Must be able to pass E-Verification, drug screening and background check
- Able to work 40-50 hours per week
- Other duties may be assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- 2+ years inside sales experience (incoming call preferred)
- Excellent verbal communication skills and telephone manner
- Ability to focus on different tasks and use time efficiently to achieve desired outcomes.
- Familiarity with Windows operating systems
- A friendly and supportive work environment
- Competitive pay and incentives
- Well-maintained equipment
- Excellent benefits including: Medical, Dental and Vision plans, 401(k)
- Career growth opportunities
About Foundation Building Materials
Foundation Building Materials (FBM) is a leading North American distributor of building materials focused on meeting and exceeding the needs of local construction trades with best-in-class products and services. Based in California, FBM has more than 4,500 employees in more than 250 locations the U.S. and Canada. FBM’s core values – safety first, a focus on customers and team members, honesty and integrity – form the foundation for an outstanding customer experience that is recognized across the industry.
FBM promotes an equal employment opportunity workplace with respect to all categories protected under applicable State and Federal law.