When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
The Solution Incubator and Industry Sales Director will lead a team of industry and incubator sales managers and their respective sales specialist teams to bring new products and solutions to market in order to drive growth. The Director will be dedicated to bringing new strategic products and solutions to market and creating scalable industry use cases. The goal will be to meet and exceed all business metrics and objectives, including revenue, sales, and accelerating bringing new solutions to market.
Specific responsibilities to include:
- Drive and manage Go to Market (GTM) sales strategy and direction for industry use cases and new products and solutions being brought to market in the Verizon Business Group (VBG).
- The single Point of Contact who owns the interlock for industry use cases and new products and solutions to be market sales ready for launch, including a targeted number of customer wins and references.
- Drive speed to market and sales velocity to help Verizon gain market share early on in the product lifecycle.
- Market test and validate scalable industry use cases and new products and solutions that incorporates, but is not limited to, feature/functionality, competitive differentiators, pricing, and contractual terms.
- Motivate a team of leaders and specialists to meet and exceed revenue and growth targets.
- Drive GTM solution sales strategy and tactical execution of solution goals for innovation and incubation initiatives.
- Leverage market intelligence to perform competitor/ecosystem analysis.
- Ability to drive alignment with the product team to influence product design/features, pricing, contracts, etc., based on client feedback that stays ahead of the competition.
- Define a solution specific strategy and partner with the enterprise sales team to identify clients who would benefit from our new and emerging products.
- Evaluate use cases for new products tailored to target specific industries and segments that could benefit from those products and services.
- Analyze the success of the new products and determine their scalability across various industries, segments, and geographies to expand their reach and maximize adoption and return.
What we’re looking for...
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in a business related field, and/or equivalent experience
- 8+ years of sales management, including motivating and coaching teams to meet and exceed revenue targets
- 8+ years’ experience leading products, projects, and/or work streams and have a demonstrated history of delivering results
- 8+ years of experience leading teams; an outstanding, hands-on executive leader with proven managerial abilities; excellent team leadership and interpersonal skills; ability to coach, mentor, and train others within Verizon and have the ability to educate key stakeholders; ability to lead cross-functional teams
- Experience in making effective use of data and instinct to prioritize development for maximum business impact of bringing new products and solutions to market
- Strong collaboration skills; ability to work with Product Management, Product Marketing, Solutions Architects, and Practice Sale Specialists to accelerate time market of new products and solutions
- A proven track record to think about product and customer experience differently embracing challenges and bringing new solutions and products to market
- Communication and relationship-building skills, as this role requires cross-functional collaboration
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with a high attention to detail
- Flexibility and comfort in a fast-paced, always changing environment
- Entrepreneurial mindset, with a bias towards winning and customer-centric innovation
- Ability to manage stakeholder expectations, manage multiple projects simultaneously, and to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, customer and team-oriented work environment
- The desire to be both creative and technically-minded (interest in both design and analysis/metrics)
- Ability to identify disruptive market opportunities
- Ability to coach and teach Solution Architects and Sales Specialists the key attributes of the new solution/product
- Experience managing and influencing client relationships at the senior executive level; ability to present and interact with all levels of management
- Ability to work well independently and in a team environment; highly self-motivated with the ability to motivate others
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication, organizational, presentation, negotiation and operations skills
- Able to contribute to the overall growth strategy for VBG
- Able to build C-Level customer and partner relationships
- Extremely nimble and responsive based on the needs of the business, as well as the Corporate Strategy; highly visible role and requires, above all else, sound judgment, and the ability to work in a matrix structure
This position can be located in other valid Verizon locations.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.