Job Title: Inside Sales Representative
Department: Inside Sales
Reports To: Inside Sales Supervisor, Inside Sales Manager
For over 75 years, Hantover has provided exceptional service, quality products and in-depth industry knowledge to our customers. With our roots in the food processing industry, we have consistently grown our knowledge base and expertise to enable us to analyze the needs of your complete supply chain and operation; including the production floor, manufacturing lines, maintenance areas, distribution centers, janitorial and sanitation services, cafeterias and front offices. Our corporate office is located in Kansas City and our employees can be found throughout the country and in Canada servicing our customers’ individual locations.
Achieves significant sales growth, profitability, and account penetration within an assigned territory by effectively selling the company’s products and services through solicitation of orders over the phone.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES AND REQUIREMENTS
- Promotes/sells/secures orders from existing and prospective customers through a relationship-based approach.
- Demonstrates products and services to existing and potential customers and assists them in selecting those best suited to their needs.
- Contacts established and prospective accounts to solicit new business and to ensure the continuance of repeat purchases.
- Co-ordinates sales strategy with other departments including sales management, national accounts, purchasing, accounting, and marketing.
- Analyzes his/her territory’s sales potential and identifies and acts on opportunities to increase sales.
- Negotiates agreements with customers regarding pricing, delivery, shipping, etc.
- Serves as a consultant to the customer regarding industry issues (trends, government regulations, new products, etc.).
- Plans and organizes personal sales strategy by maximizing the return on time investment for his/her territory.
- Develops clear and effective written proposals/quotations for current and prospective customers.
- Co-ordinates calls with outside salesmen to ensure service levels and to increase total company sales.
- Keeps organized and accurate records.
- Attends product meetings as scheduled to improve product knowledge.
- Actively participates in sales spiffs/programs developed by sales management, vendors, and marketing.
- Meets assigned sales quotas on a consistent basis.
- Meets assigned daily, weekly, and monthly sales call quotas on a consistent basis.
- Maintain a minimum average of 18 outbound sales calls per day while managing your existing territory.
- Meet or exceed 95% of your quota monthly. Quotas are based month over month from the previous year’s sales.
- Answer all customer communication within 24 hours of receiving the initial contact. This goes for all forms of communication; calls, emails, etc.
- Resolve any customer conflicts within 48 hours of initial customer contact.
- Display daily usage of sales resources; such as Sales Apex, Oncontact CRM, etc.
- Hantover does business with a large variety of business organizations that include: customers, vendors, freight lines, and government agencies. As an employee of Hantover, you are to maintain a high level of professionalism when representing the company while working with any other business organizations.
Must possess associate’s degree or equivalent from two year college or technical school; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Demonstrated aptitude for problem-solving; ability to determine solutions for customers (consultative sales approach). Must be results-oriented and able to work both independently and within a team environment. Must use good judgment in decision making while following all applicable company policies.
Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to effectively present information with appropriate grammar and structure.
Basic mathematical skills including the ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite applications. Strong data entry skills. Ability to learn new programs and applications as necessary.
Regular and timely attendance.
Active participation in team and one on one meetings.
Ability to work towards and achieve quotas.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand and stoop, kneel, or crouch. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Professional business office.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $35,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Commission pay
- Associate (Required)
- One location