Job Description- Business Development Representative
Division / Department: Channel Sales
Reports to (position): National Strategic Sales Manager
Level / Grade: Team Member
Employment Type: Full Time, Exempt
Work Conditions: Remote/Office
Minimum Educational Req: Two-year college degree in the area of Business Administration, Sales, Marketing or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience
Years of Experience: 2+ years of sales experience
The CE Shop’s Business Development Representative is responsible for driving revenue through lead generation, qualification, and distribution of leads to our Business Development Executives within the Channel Sales Department. The Business Development Representative will drive additional revenue by actively prospecting and managing some existing accounts in their own territory.
This individual will be a highly motivated, self-starter that’s able to identify decision makers and develop new business prospects from multiple sources including prospect lists, LinkedIn Navigator, and individual research. An ideal Business Development Representative will have a strong understanding of the early stages of the sales funnel, and excel at researching leads to drive the top of the sales funnel process for our Business Development Executives, while ensuring proper data and systems are followed.
Essential Functions / Job Responsibilities:
- Achieve sales quota and assigned strategic objectives within an assigned book of business while supporting the growth of our Major Market Strategy through lead generation and distribution.
- Substantial prospecting for new opportunities through cold calling and emails
- Research and analyze reports, market trends and additional data to determine where to seek out new business
- Obtain, clean, and qualify leads from inbound initiatives, marketing campaigns, conferences, industry lists and individual research as sales opportunities
- Facilitate data entry into SalesForce where applicable
- Identify client needs and suggest appropriate products/services
- Facilitate warm handoffs of (prospective) clients and Business Development Executives.
- Engage with current partners in states where we do not currently offer Pre-Licensing Education as well as provide support on a few National Accounts
- Report to Sales Manager with Weekly, Monthly, and quarterly results
- Strong understanding of nurture campaigns and additional marketing, prospecting, and retention tools as they relate to Channel Sales
- Identify best practices to refine the company’s lead generation playbook
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and manage multiple initiatives to meet deadlines
- Ability to adapt in a fast pace environment
- Strong analytic, problem solving, and negotiation skills
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong understanding and proven success of achieving sales performance metrics
Technical Skills Required:
- MS Office Suite
- (Proficient in Excel)
- Google Platform
- Proficient with SalesForce
- Experience with video conferencing (Zoom, GoToMeeting, etc.) and general A/V knowledge to effectively present to clients on site
- Comfortable with learning and adapting to new technologies
The physical demands of this position are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Physical demands include the ability to travel by car, plane or methods of acceptable transportation to meet the travel requirements of the role.
Internal and External Interaction:
This position interacts with peers both in and out of the department and their immediate manager on a regular basis. They interact with customers directly in daily interactions as well as escalation or support situations in a large geographical area. They may interact with managers in other departments and vendors.
The following benefits are options provided to full-time employees the first of the month following 60 days of hire: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, participation in the 401K plan and other ancillary benefits.