Who We Are
Avnet's team of FAEs and TSEs are helping startups and established companies adopt the latest technologies required to differentiate their products, get to market quick, and disrupt industries.
In partnership with Xilinx, we are enabling customers to develop products that will change the world - from autonomous vehicles to consumer drones - by leveraging embedded vision, machine learning, and other solutions at performance, power, and latency points that can only be achieved in FPGAs and programmable SoCs. There has never been a more exciting time to be in Silicon Valley working with Xilinx at Avnet!
Who You Are
You are passionate about technology, love helping people, and seek to learn, grow, and be challenged in a fast-paced sales environment. Combining engineering expertise with business acumen is where your talents come alive. Working with a committed, supportive team in a collaborative environment is where you reach your full potential.
What You Will Do
You will develop and grow our Xilinx business by engaging with emerging startups and established key customers. You will work to understand how our customer's end products can be differentiated by leveraging the unique value of an FPGA or programmable SoC. You will then collaborate with Avnet’s Xilinx FAEs, application experts, and other colleagues to develop and execute a strategy that showcases why a Xilinx solution is superior.
- Qualify new opportunities through a combination of research and customer interactions
- Understand the customer’s business model, cost constraints, design goals, and decision criteria
- Develop win strategies that leverage unique Xilinx technology to differentiate the customers' end product
- Determine the competitive landscape and how to position Xilinx solutions effectively
- Present solutions that align customer requirements with Xilinx’s industry leading devices, tools, IP, and partner ecosystem
- Negotiate customer commitment to adopt Xilinx solutions
- Collaborate with Avnet technical and sales teams to maximize Avnet's impact with the customer
- Track and report metrics that measure and improve sales performance
- Work with Xilinx marketing and factory experts to improve their product offering
- Develop, maintain, and grow Avnet's relationship as technology partner with both customers and Xilinx
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Experience
- Experience in a technical sales role
- Some familiarity with embedded systems and/or datacenter architectures
- Understanding of the hardware and software development process
- Familiar with startup lifecycle from raising funds to product launch
- Strong leadership, organization, time management, and business strategic planning skills
- Excellent communication skills (listening, verbal, written) and experience delivering technical presentations with proficiency in PowerPoint and Excel
- Typically 8+ years with bachelor's or equivalent.
Education and Certification(s):
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience from which comparable knowledge and job skills can be obtained.
- Position requires the ability to regularly travel to customers within the bay area
- Typically 5+ years in a technical sales role working with hardware/software technologies in embedded systems or datacenter
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills.
Avnet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy of non-discrimination also applies to religious dress and grooming practices. Avnet will accommodate employee religious dress standards and grooming practices that do not result in undue hardship for the Company. If you are interested in applying for employment with Avnet and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for a posted position contact our Human Resources Service Center at (888) 994-7669.