Regional VP, Local Sales
Edmonton or Calgary, AB
Sysco is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. Its family of products also includes equipment and supplies for the foodservice and hospitality industries. With over 69,000 associates, the company operates more than 320 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 650,000 customer locations. For fiscal 2019 that ended June 29, 2019, the company generated sales of more than $60 billion.
Sysco, one of Canada’s Best Employers 2019, as listed by Forbes, is dedicated to our global corporate social responsibility goals and to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. Join our winning team.
For a full list of opportunities, visit www.sysco.ca/careers
- Lead a high-performing regional team of culinary and business resource specialists, new market segment and marketing managers with the goal to secure new business and increase penetration in alignment with region’s financial plan
- Develop and execute targeted strategies to acquire new business, penetrate existing accounts, and minimize lost business across categories, specialty segments, and Sysco Brand/Sourced
- Oversees culinary and business resource components for both internal and external STIR Sessions, customer events, workshops and trainings.
- Directs the development of marketing strategy, assets, programs, and growth initiatives in the Region including but not limited to; product and services marketing, social media, event planning, performance recognition programs, promotions, Sysco Rewards, brand positioning, and industry associations.
- Oversees the execution of the regional calendar of marketing activities, including: event planning, trade shows, general sales meetings (GSM), catalogues, sales growth programs, digital communications, and customer loyalty programs.
- Drive team selling efforts around new business, lost business and penetration of existing accounts, aligning specialist resources toward unified goals
- Cultivate a culture of team sales excellence through clear communication of specific, timebound goals and by upholding a metrics driven performance management strategy
- Coach associates on developmental opportunities and ensure there is a robust and measurable plan in place to deliver against individual and region results
- Interpret and harness data insights to provide feedback to the team, align priorities, and discover profitable business opportunities and focus areas
- Utilize KPIs/metrics to evaluate the effectiveness of business resource growth strategies including specialist deployment and performance manage the team to deliver results
- Drive brand and specialty focus, and champion innovative items and Category Management conversion products in collaboration with merchandising
- Communicate growth and retention opportunities to a broad range of stakeholders, including the region VP and Directors of Region Sales on a frequent basis
- Determine the best usage of specialists as direct customer sales resources to support industry and region special events with Sales and Marketing
- Support the development of Emerging/Local Contract Customer concepts both originating in the region and market
- Interpret data in the form of business resources reporting/360/Firefly and harnesses data insights to provide feedback to team, align priorities, and discover business opportunities / focus areas
- Coordinates with Sales and Marketing teams to utilize resources in the most effective way to grow profitable sales
- Enabling and creating content for Social Media to drive sales with internal and external customers
- Lead, enable, and execute the Revolution Vendor program
- Accountable to the continuous improvement of Sysco’s Net Promoter score
- Develop a work environment inclusive of all aspects of diversity and understand the benefits of different mindsets and skills
- Enable, champion and embrace an inclusive culture
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 5 years managing professional sales team in the foodservice industry, with demonstrated success in contract sales
- Advanced knowledge of core business processes (Customer planning and management, sales and distribution, financial reporting, training, quality assurance)
- Completion of post-secondary education
- Strong financial acumen and ability to properly plan and execute business plans
- Embraces change and champions corporate initiatives
- Demonstrated ability to coach and mentor associates and peers
- Track record of success in the area of consultative selling, networking and negotiations
- Proficient communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work with and influence a variety of key stakeholders
- Experience building trust with prospective customers and securing new business
- Strong business and restaurant operations acumen to manage sophisticated customers
- Analytical problem-solving skills, including familiarity with analyzing reports and deriving insights from data
- Ability to learn the use of proprietary CRM tools for planning and forecasting sales growth
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Applications Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Demonstrated ability to deliver against deadlines and produce high-quality results (accuracy, thoroughness in the deliverables they are producing)
- Excellent organizational and project management skills, including the ability to execute multiple initiatives at the same time
- Understanding of marketing principles, product lines, ordering procedures and Sysco’s credit terms
Internal candidates apply via the Career Centre on your HR Portal / ADP Workforce Now.
Sysco’s Values: Integrity | Excellence | Teamwork | Inclusiveness | Responsibility
Sysco’s Vision is to be our customers’ most valued and trusted business partner.
Sysco is committed to Employment Equity. Accommodations during the recruitment process are available upon request for candidates with disabilities.
Here’s a sample of the many benefits Sysco associates enjoy: