We believe in doing well by doing good and hold ourselves accountable to make the world a better place through the solutions we provide, our engagement in society, the way we do business, and our commitment to protect people and the environment. We believe that diversity and inclusion matter and make a difference. By embracing the true value of diversity and inclusion, and valuing different perspectives, we strive to be one of the most desirable places to work. Johnson Controls listed in Forbes Best Employers for Diversity
What you will do
The Fire Alarm Sales Manager is a sales leader responsible for motivating, coaching, and mentoring a team of highly productive field sales representatives that can meet and exceed revenue expectations, and the needs of our customers. You will lead a team that sells our Fire Alarm equipment within the construction industry and owner direct, building relationships with general contractors, engineers, end users etc for all of Alberta. Focused on expanding relationships with our existing customers, growing new business and growing and maintaining recurring contracts bookings and revenues to achieve organizational objectives. Promotes a collaborative team atmosphere between the sales, installation, service teams as well between other departments within the branch and region. This position can be based in Edmonton (preferred) or Calgary, Alberta.
How you will do it
- Manage an effective team of sales representatives. Lead, coach, develop and motivate team to achieve pre-established goals.
- Responsible for sales plan achievement of assigned geographic area within branch or district territory of JCI.
- Partner with Area Sales Manager to develop sales strategies, negotiate contracts and execute pricing strategy to develop new business and maintain existing business.
- Review and monitor sales performance, and refine sales strategies as required to ensure employee successfully meets assigned goals and objectives. Reallocate resources to improve overall results as needed.
- Contribute to the development of marketing, customer retention, advertising, pricing, and distribution strategies for the district or branch.
- Ensure the sales force receives coaching and training on the technical aspects of the organization’s products and services; on marketing campaigns and sales promotions; and on sales techniques, procedures, and standards that will help them achieve their sales targets.
- Create and drive local sales strategy in alignment with enterprise programs and strategies
- Focus on high level customer (internal and external) networking and drive growth through collaboration and customer success.
- Lead all sales activities for the area’s geographic boundary for the fire alarm business.
- Grow and retain the recurring revenue base and associated service revenues by directly coaching/mentoring/training sales teams.
- Collaborate with other area and nationally based sales leaders to leverage best practices and achieve company objectives in growing the national account customer base.
- Develop business plans for the territory including business development strategies, sales staffing, sales market assignments, strategic customer development and industry relations
- Direct sales forecasting activities and set performance standards in alignment with assigned objectives.
- Conduct regular “ride along” sessions with employees to coach, mentor, and meet with key clients to assist sales representatives with building and strengthening relationships, skills and negotiating and closing new business.
What we look for
- Bachelors’ degree or post-secondary technical diploma in Engineering, Business, Marketing, or related field; a combination of education and experience will be considered.
- 8+ years of field sales management experience in Life Safety, Fire Protection, Fire Suppression, buildings controls industry, or related construction business. A combination of field sales and operational management experience will be considered. Experience in a supervisory role with responsibility for the productivity or development of others is required. Demonstrated success in motivating, coaching, and mentoring a team of highly productive sales representatives that can meet and exceed revenue expectations, and the needs of customers.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Fire, Life Safety, and Security marketplace, account management, reoccurring service, and relationships with key players in the market.
- Demonstrated use of CRM systems to manage sales process and funnel.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively interact with internal organization and customer. organizations both at the senior executive and field level
What you will get
- Competitive incentive plan based on your efforts.
- Company car
- Comprehensive benefits package including RRSP, pension, medical, dental, and vision care.
- Encouraging and collaborative team environment.
Job Sales & Marketing
Organization Bldg Technologies & Solutions