Job Summary (General Responsibilities):
The Quality Assurance Engineer I is responsible for supporting the testing of products, systems, and applications across all phases of the Product Development Life Cycle (PDLC). Testing responsibilities will include testing of firmware and software on networking products.
Candidate will be a key hands-on contributor and work closely with program management and engineering teams to facilitate quality feedback including defect investigation, defect resolution and continuous improvements to quality assurance testing processes and procedures.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Work with quality assurance manager in developing and implementing test plans, test specifications, procedures, and methodologies.
- Configure necessary topologies and setup different types of test environment as needed for test execution.
- Report and follow up on defects.
- Root cause failure analysis.
- Publish test reports / results to provide reliable information in a clear and concise manner that can be utilized for making sound engineering choices.
- Review reports from customers and incorporate the product feedback into the test plan where necessary.
- Collaborate with Automation team to help deliver automation workflows and content.
- Continuously improve the efficiency and efficacy in test execution, data gathering, reporting and bug tracking.
- Assist in the procurement of test equipment and commercial test software where applicable to support test requirements.
- Work with all functional groups to ensure that lessons learned are captured and incorporated into new product designs and development processes.
- Work with third party vendors or customers for debugging and tracking issues.
- Must be able to manage multiple priorities and tasks in a dynamic work environment.
- Candidates must have proven communication and executional skills.
- Fulfill responsibilities under ISO 9001 and 14001; understand and fully support IS0 system.
- Fulfill responsibilities under OHSAS 18001, understand and fully support OHSAS 18001 system.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment.
- Understand and follow company rules and regulations.
- Perform all other duties as assigned and required.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- B.S. degree or equivalent in a technical field (e.g. EE, CS, CE, ICS, ME, etc.)
- 1-3 years of experience in a relevant QA or Test role.
- Able to quickly grasp technical product quality issues, failure analysis reports, test reports, and technical engineering / design solutions.
- Solid knowledge on Wi-Fi, ZigBee, Bluetooth and other home networking technologies.
- Experience with a set of the following protocols: TCP/IP, DHCP, NAT, IGMP, DNS, DLNA, UPnP, HTTP, SOAP, Bonjour.
- Experience in testing iOS/Android Apps and debugging and exposure to iOS/Android tools like ADB, Android SDK, Xcode instruments.
- Familiarity in executing automation tests.
- Experience in hands-on scripting and knowledge of automation using Python and/or other commercial or open-source tools and programming languages is a plus.
- Experience with Android/iOS App testing, Embedded Systems, Raspberry Pi, and networking technologies is a plus.
- Highly motivated team-player that forms strong relationships with colleagues and has good interpersonal skills.
- Experience and willingness to working with remote teams.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with troubleshooting network issues, including, analysis of encrypted network packet captures (using tools like Wireshark, AirPcap, OmniPeek). ZigBee PCAP and analysis experience are a plus.
What you’re getting into
We’ve got big collaborative spaces for your big ideas, so bring an open mind and leave your suit in the closet. We all are committed to creating unique and rewarding consumer experiences. Everyone is interested in succeeding – for the team, for themselves and for the business. Cross-functionally and across the company, everyone has common goals and aspires to be their best.
You will learn something new or at least look at things differently every day. There are so many smart and creative people around that you’ll be motivated to pursue the ideal.
Team spirit is infectious. Belkin is an extremely open workplace, where communication is essential. Not every idea will be accepted, but you’ll be asked for your point of view. Innovation thrives on multiple and varied levels. At Belkin we challenge conventional wisdom and refuse to accept that something cannot be done.
We are committed to diversity. Belkin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace.
All candidates applying for a job in the EMEA region, please review the Applicant Privacy notice