Job Summary: Provide assistance to external customers by diagnosing and troubleshooting software and hardware problems and helping customers install applications and programs. Responsibilities include resolving network issues, configuring operating systems and using remote desktop connections to provide immediate support. This position typically works under general supervision and direction. Incumbents of this position will regularly exercise discretionary and substantial decision-making authority.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Communicate with customers and R&D to troubleshoot issues, isolate the root cause, and deliver solutions or implement workarounds.
- Manage support requests and customer expectations throughout the support process to ensure customer success and satisfaction.
- Document all relevant details from the initial report of an issue, through troubleshooting, escalation, and resolution.
- Analyze and troubleshoot complex customer issues; working directly with Product Management and R&D when issues must be escalated.
- Respond to customers in a professional and timely manner to deliver workarounds and solutions for complex technical problems. (via email, web, and phone support).
Minimum Job Requirements:
Two-year college degree, or equivalent, in Computer Science or Engineering. Experience in a Customer Service/Call Center is preferred. Some travel required (at least 25%). Ability to follow written and oral instructions. Capable of dealing tactfully and courteously with all levels of internal and external customers. Able to prioritize work, complete tasks and work under deadlines. Must be able to lift 50 pounds, work outdoors when necessary, and have the physical flexibility to kneel, squat, bend, or stand for extended periods of time. Awareness of technology terms, common frameworks, and development methodologies. Must have knowledge of technical documentation processes - including writing and editing. Expertise with MS Office tools (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio). One-two years’ experience with ticketing systems. Excellent communication and professional interpersonal skills. Ability to articulate technical concepts in written form for emails, technical papers, and technical presentations. Ability to comfortably and intelligently discuss technical concepts with individuals from various technical backgrounds. Ability to listen carefully to accurately document problems reported by customers. Ability to discuss related technologies, at least on an academic knowledge. Internal and Customer-facing experience, supporting an advanced software application in an enterprise environment.
The description provided above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities and requirements. Duties, responsibilities and requirements may change over time and according to business need.