Our Solutions Engineers are the primary technical field experts, responsible for actively driving and managing the technical part of a sales engagement.
The goal of the Solutions Engineer is to support the rapidly growing Couchbase user community and help drive customer success. In this exciting role, you will become an expert explaining NoSQL advantages, how Couchbase Server works and how it can be used to solve the customer’s problems; all with a good dose of getting customers excited about using this new approach for fast & scalable databases.
- Show customers how to solve their problems and meet their requirements with Couchbase Server and get them excited about NoSQL database technology
- Work closely with the sales team on account strategy and identifying additional opportunities in existing accounts
- Ensuring the success of customer POC / Pilots through effective management of acceptance criteria and issue escalation/resolution
- Developing and delivering exceptional company/product presentations and demonstrations
- Work with all technical levels from managers, to architects and developers and explain Couchbase Server and its uses
- Be the technical product expert for customers and stay up-to-date on the NoSQL competitive landscape
- Work with Product Management and Engineering to provide feedback from the field and represent the customer perspective
- Identify and write internal and external technical collateral, like typical deployment architectures or best practices
- 3+ years experience with traditional RDBMS including schema modeling, performance tuning and configuration
- Prior experience in a fast-paced startup environment
- Hands-on administration and troubleshooting experience with x86 operating systems (Linux, Windows, Mac OS), networking and storage architectures
- Familiarity with NoSQL databases or other distributed high-performance systems
- Pre-sales support experience in the NoSQL industry
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience in software and/or a technologically relevant field
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with an ability to present technical solutions concisely from small to large audience
- Experience engaging with developers and programming experience in at least one of the following: Java/.NET/PHP
- Demonstrated passion for diving into technical issues and solving customer problems
- Demonstrated critical thinking and advanced troubleshooting skills and qualities
- Well organized, can engage with many customers at the same time
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time is required
As a 2021 Bay Area Best Places to Work winner, Couchbase recognizes the need for time off when you need it. Enjoy unlimited time off (DTO), matching 401K contributions, ESPP and many other amazing benefits. See more of our recent awards to learn what makes Couchbase such a great company to work at.
Learn more about Couchbase and our technical capabilities:
Compare Couchbase vs. MongoDB
- Compare Couchbase vs. Oracle
- Browse the Developer Portal
Couchbase is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.