Reporting to the National Cable Specialist Sales Manager, the Inside Salesperson sells products, processes customer orders, provides pricing and/or technical information, and finds solutions to customer problems in a timely manner.
- Ensure all job functions are performed in accordance to the Guillevin Standard Practice Instruction (SPI) Manual.
- Become proficient in using Rubicon.
- Source product, negotiate prices and is profitable.
- Be aware of market trends and use to our advantage (Metal’s fluctuations, commodity/product shortages etc.)
- Coordinate and assist, where necessary, the various functions in office sales and administration, including:
- Liaising with operations and purchasing personnel while entering orders.
- Providing pricing quotations and following-up on every quote, when necessary.
- Administering the opening of new accounts and maintaining existing customer-account databases.
- Work respectfully and diligently to grow existing business through customer visits by promoting NCS products and consistently offering our expertise and service.
- Deal with every customer complaint in an expedient manner and ensure they are satisfied with our resolve.
- Schedule work and allocate resources to ensure orders are fulfilled in an efficient manner and administration (data entry, paperwork) is completed according to company protocol.
- Ensure superior customer service is the objective during each customer interface.
- Prospect and develop new business through a strategic process of warm and colds calls.
- Remain up-to-date on various product lines by actively and aggressively pursuing formalized vendor training programs and informal product research.
- Stay informed of sales objectives, targeted product lines, required market-intel, vendor objectives, and competitor activities and actively promote new knowledge to management and teammates as deemed necessary.
- Stay current in your profession and enroll in continuing education focused on sales strategies and account management principals.
- Ensure proper administration in the management of freight claims and reel returns.
- Maintain a system of effective communication between operations and sales (Noramco and NCS) so that all parties are regularly updated with capacity challenges and service issues.
- Participate in the preparation and execution of physical inventory as required.
- Continuously develop knowledge of product to remain up-to-date with various product lines (including vendor training) and industry changes.
- Provide back-up support to the sales department when required.
- Performs any other duties as required by management.
- Continuously update the contact’s database
- Good communication skills (English) written and spoken
- Demonstrated people skills;
- Excellent communication and organizational skills;
- Product knowledge;
- Must be customer service driven;
- Good knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
What’s in it for You
National Cable Specialists (NCS) offers exciting and challenging careers as well as a competitive Benefits Program, Group RRSP with employer contribution and a Higher Education Awards Program for the children of our employees.
National Cable Specialists ensures equality in the recruitment and selection process by making employment decisions based on qualifications, relevant experience, knowledge and capability, demonstrated skills and accomplishments.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
The masculine gender is only used to simplify the text.
For any questions, please email [email protected]
If you applied to any of the companies listed, you can use the same account to apply to this position.
Brogan Safety Supplies, EWEL, Guillevin, Noramco