Named as a Forbes Fintech 50 the last two years in a row, Marqeta powers innovative payment solutions for many of the apps and services you enjoy daily. Our modern card issuing platform, open API, and advanced analytics provide unprecedented control for companies to issue cards, authorize transactions and manage payment operations in real-time.
We are a team of industry experts and technology innovators who take a dynamic approach to solving challenging problems. We power possibilities for our customers by bringing the best talent together in an open and collaborative work environment that rewards creativity and perseverance.
Marqeta is proud of its Oakland roots and Denver growth plans and strives to build a global team as diverse as the markets we serve, staying true to our values: Connect the Customer, Everyone Belongs, Marqeta Cares, Lead Innovation, Deliver Results, Quality First and Build One Marqeta. We are not expecting any single candidate to meet all job requirements listed below, so please apply. It's an exciting time to join Marqeta. As we grow, your career and opportunities will grow as well.
We are looking for an FP&A Senior Manager to join the finance organization. It is a critical addition to the team that strives to lead the company towards financial reliability, scalability, and discipline. The team is currently focused on budget/forecast process optimization and automation, cross-functional collaboration, and most importantly, attracting top talent to support the increasing demand for actionable insights and guidance.
You will work closely with accounting, business development, customer success, investor relations, external reporting and compliance during various financial planning and analysis activities. While learning about Marqeta's economics, accounting, technical capabilities and unique product features, you can make significant contributions to our future successes and build a rewarding career.
- Manage the modeling, reporting, scenario control and communication of the Marqeta P&L.
- Shepherd the monthly forecast and annual budget planning by working closely with internal teams.
- Lead the monthly internal variance analysis (actual versus budget, forecast versus actual) while providing best practices, mentoring analysts, and crafting messaging unique to various stakeholders.
- Leverage and drive efficiencies in financial modeling through the budget tool and ERP, while implementing rigorous workflow controls.
- Help prepare materials for management and investor communications.
- Participate in initiatives and discussions related to system integration, data infrastructure and governance, internal controls, and process improvement.
- Develop and own customer level forecasting and analysis.
- Conduct ad hoc analysis and support special projects.
The ideal candidate has a solid background in Financial Planning with a track-record of strong business partner endorsement, has demonstrated success in supporting fast growing businesses, is able to think creatively to find solutions to complex, often unstructured problems, and possesses a desire to continually improve and refine processes.
- 7+ years of FP&A experience (both corporate and business partner-facing roles) with a solid grasp of financial and accounting concepts. 4+ years of experience working with large-scale data.
- Extraordinary attention to detail, proven record of robust reconciliation and variance analysis, analytical rigor and an orientation toward data-driven management and decision making.
- Exceptional Microsoft Excel manipulation, modeling and auditing skills.
- Experience working with Financial Planning, ERP as well as business intelligence tools. Planful experience is a strong plus.
- Ability to develop communications and key messaging for stakeholders and senior management.
- Desire to build cross functional partnerships, strives to be a strong team player, collaborator, and communicator.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, written communication, and presentation skills.
- Familiarity and experience with the financial services industry, payments industry is a strong plus.
- Bachelor's Degree within Finance, Data Analytics, Economics or related fields.
- Rich suite of benefit plans; employee premiums paid 100%
- Flexible Time Off
- Full paid Parental Leave
- Pet insurance
- 401k plan with a Company match
- Competitive pay
- Meaningful equity
- Monthly stipend
- Bi-annual "Hack Week" to support and reward innovation
- Open, transparent culture that includes All Hands meetings, Lunch-and-Learns, all-company offsites, etc.
- Access to corporate gym membership rates, other discounts and employee perks
- Fully stocked kitchen, catered lunches twice a week, breakfast on Fridays and more!
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Marqeta is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital/domestic partner status, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.