We are the first public company to become a Public Benefit Corporation. As a PBC, we are committed to making the industries we serve more productive, and we are committed to creating high-quality employment opportunities.
Veeva is a Work Anywhere company which means that you can choose to work in the environment that works best for you - on any given day. Whether you choose to work remotely from home or in our Toronto office - it’s up to you.
Veeva is looking for a data engineer to create ETL pipelines for our Veeva Data Cloud product. We’re building a system to provide our customers with access to billions of records a day with insightful analysis along with aggregations and transformations.
For this role, we need someone who can design flexible data processes and leverage their Python and Scala skillsets to implement them in an AWS cloud environment.
You’ll be responsible for creating and owning the implementation of numerous data analysis features as well as the pipelines that process those features in a multi-tenant, highly parallel system.
What You'll Do
- Design and build scripts and tools that perform data analysis, transformations, aggregations, and other augmentations on large sets of in a spark-based AWS environment (EMR, Glue, S3, Redshift, Athena)
- Evaluate various pipeline models, tools, and environments and implement these to push data from our sources through your transformations and finally to our customers
- Work with product management and data research teams to prototype and test new ideas then take those to production
- Work in a fast-paced, test-driven environment
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related subject
- 3 years+ experience working on Apache Spark applications in either Python (PySpark) and/or Scala
- Experience creating spark jobs that work on at least 1 billion records.
- Intermediate or greater SQL knowledge
- Experience creating data pipelines in a production system
- Experience working on AWS environments (S3, EMR, Glue, Redshift)
Nice to Have
- Experience working with Data Quality techniques
- Java development experience
- Experience working with Machine Learning/AI models
- Experience with AWS glue
- Familiarity with agile methodologies
- Experience with the following tools: Jira, Git, Terraform
Perks & Benefits
- Allocations for continuous learning & development
- Annual budget to donate to the non-profit of your choice
- Health & wellness programs
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us at [email protected]