PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The Patient Account Representative – Cash Posting provides administrative support to the cash posting operations within the assigned function(s). The incumbent performs the timely and accurate posting of electronic and manual cash receipts, denials and adjustments to patient accounts.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Under general supervision, post routine electronic and manual cash receipts, adjustments and denials; ensuring reconciliation of all posted data.
- Balance electronic and manual cash receipts through the generation and analysis of necessary reports; resolving outstanding variances, errors and issues.
- Refer to assigned work lists in the identification and resolution of routine transactions within the assigned function(s).
- Perform all responsibilities in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Assist with various projects as assigned by direct supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
High School Diploma required
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 1 – 2 years’ related experience.
- Good computer skills with working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and email applications.
- Detail oriented with good analytical and organizational skills.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to work cohesively within a team environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to effectively communicate with all levels of management.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.