Job Title – Account Representative
Job Location – Elyria, OH
Start A Great Career With A Great Purpose! – We are a group of industry experts with the experience and drive to turn any financial need into a reality. Our mission is to satisfy the financial needs of our consumers through respectful, compassionate and efficient service. A Baltimore-based company, Mariner Finance, with its affiliates, now features over 450 branches in 25 states throughout the United States. We work with customers to find options that are beneficial for their specific needs, which is why we are recognized as the community’s consumer finance company of choice!
Mariner Finance was named in the 2015 “Best Places to Work” survey, a 2016 LearningElite Winner and a 2018 Training Top 125 Winner.
In This Role, You Will…
- Establish and develop relationships with customers throughout their lifecycle.
- Achieve goals collaboratively, both consistently and efficiently.
- Maintain customer accounts and collections through face to face or phone communication.
- Conduct loan interviews; Negotiate extensions and modifications of loans, arrange payment schedules, and assess customer financial needs.
- Offer the company’s current product lines, including personal loans, optional credit protection products, sales finance, and more.
- Perform a variety of cashiering functions, including maintenance of the branch’s cash drawer, and delivers deposits to a financial institution on a daily basis.
- Work systematically at a steady pace to ensure that loan collection actions on assigned accounts are appropriate, timely and that established policies and procedures are observed.
- May perform additional duties and responsibilities depending on market demand and branch staffing in order to provide consistent quality customer service.
- One (1) year of experience working in an office environment required.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Reliable transportation required.
- Obtaining applicable insurance license is required.
- College degree preferred.
- One (1) year of selling or collecting experience preferred.
- Two (2) years of consumer finance industry experience preferred.
- Bilingual fluency in Spanish/English preferred.
Physical Demands –
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to drive; sit; use hands to handle; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Salary – Base + Competitive Bonus, Benefits: Health, Vision, Dental, Basic Life, PTO and select federal holidays, 401K and company match.
Additional Information –
Standard Branch Hours: Monday, Wednesday and Thursday 9:00am – 5:00pm, Tuesday 9:00am – 7:00pm, Friday 9:00am – 5:30pm. Some positions may require working a non-traditional schedule – Evenings, weekends and holiday hours may be included.
Mariner Finance is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, marital status, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran. Drug/Alcohol/Smoke-free workplace.