JOB DESCRIPTION – SOLUTIONS ARCHITECT
Location: Kansas preferred
Contract Terms: Full Time
Currus is looking for an experienced, motivated, and self-driven candidate to join our team. As a Solutions Architect, you will be working on designing and building our next generation ETL systems that will be used to power new applications and products.
Now is an exciting time to join our team and make a real difference as well as showcase your design, architecture, and coding skills as we work to create new technologies and systems. If you enjoy a fast- paced work environment, are data driven, excited to work with cutting-edge technologies and have the desire to experiment and evaluate new technologies, this is the role for you.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Maintain and plan a holistic view of technology and implementation strategy.
- Create and implement the architectural knowledgebase of domains, capabilities, products, services, data models, and solutions designs.
- Helping to design deploy, maintain, and support the systems and infrastructure required for a
ETL pipelines in support of product requirements.
- Lead and facilitate the high-level product feature intake and solution design according to business priorities.
- Inform and enforce architecture best practices to ensure cost effective development and identifying opportunities for reuse and consolidation.
- Participate in improving software development lifecycles, technical operations, and technology innovations.
- Hands on ability to develop new systems and enhancements to existing systems, breaking down complex problems into essential components and designing efficient solutions.
- Produce plans and recommendations with multiple contingencies to avoid stalling progress.
- Evaluate new tools and technologies for feasibility, cost, and subsequent use in the company and teams.
- Manage relationships between cross-functional teams to solve larger problems and deliver greater business value.
- Promote a culture of engineering excellence, quality over speed, and doing the right thing.
- Successfully communicate all concepts, designs, plans, and guidelines to the appropriate teams, leadership, and stakeholders.
TECHNICAL SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- BS Degree in Computer Science, Electrical & Computer Engineering or Mathematics or equivalent experience
- 7 years of experience in Software Engineering, Design, and Development.
- Production experience to build and deploy code using JAVA/Golang.
- At least 3 years of experience in building real time ETL (Extract Transform Load) systems. And using technologies like Kafka, Rabbit MQ, Redis.
- At least 3 years of experience creating and designing Domain Driven Microservices.
- At least 5 years of experience with complex architectural patterns, building microservices, event driven applications, and high throughput systems.
- 5+ years of experience building and designing Rest API’s using API first strategy.
- 2+ years of experience in working with cloud-based platforms.
HELPFUL EXPERIENCE OR KNOWLEDGE
- Guiding and mentoring skills to lead junior members - helping them understand technologies, the project, best practices, and in general setting them up for success.
- Business experience or education – understanding of basic business concepts, strategy, and decision-making.
- Experience in designing micro service architecture and migrating from monolithic software architecture to micro service architecture.
- Experience with Domain Driven Design (DDD).
- Experience building GRPC API
- Experience with Event-Driven Architecture.
- Strong leadership and excellent communication skills.
- Capability to lead and present solution designs to required stake holder.
- Ability to self-manage time and deliver high quality work autonomously.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $120,000.00 - $150,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Commission pay
- One location
Work Location: One location