As one of the world's leading automotive steering suppliers, Robert Bosch Automotive Steering LLC is growing in the market and must continue to innovate and develop new products to meet customer needs. Our engineering, technical purchasing, and sales teams are located in our Plymouth, MI office fully supporting regional customers and providing local support for global projects. The production facilities in Florence, KY and Queretaro, MX manufacture and administer products for the NAFTA region
This position is for an agile multi-functional role including commercial management, acquisition management, and account management responsibilities with the expectation of ownership of responsibilities of accounts.
Commercial Management Tasks:
- The Commercial Sales Manager is responsible for high level of customer satisfaction while delivering performance targets of automotive steering.
- Responsible for all sales controlling topics and functional excellence with the global account. Ability to generate quotation strategy, data collection, sales logic, price breakdowns, internal approvals, negotiation and contracts for assigned products and services.
- Meets with customer representatives regionally and globally to ensure program / project objectives (cost, timing, quality, profit) are being met within designated parameters.
- Responsible for planning activities related to pricing, volumes, risk and special revenues. Maintain pricing and successful negotiations.
- Responsible for change management from creation to implementation.
- Manage internal communication of project status and Sales KPI (e.g. price management, business planning, profit and loss tracking, acquisition reporting, claim management)
- Responsible for understanding contributors, measuring, and reporting profitability for assigned projects. Ability to generate profit improvement ideas and lead cross-functional teams to execute profit improvement activities.
Acquisition Management Tasks:
- Lead acquisition strategy definition, coordination & execution for defined acquisition projects / targets. Activities include (but not limited to);
- Application of acquisition tools
- Lead coordination of acquisition with internal functions including (but not limited to);Sales, Engineering, Purchasing, Industrialization, Controlling
- Market price development
- Quotation approvals aligned with regional / divisional targets
- Review specifications, drawings, requirements, etc. to develop and prepare comprehensive commercial proposals
- May be responsible for existing Technology Startups or Established OEMs
- Meets with customer representatives regionally and globally to ensure program / project objectives are being met within designated parameters.
- Responsible for organizing, leading and tracking activities for the development, implementation, and maintenance of engineering changes utilizing the Bosch change process to ensure customer milestones are met.
- Develop program timelines and activity reports to drive the on-time completion of critical tasks.
- Maintains customer contracts for accuracy to agreed parameters and communicates relevant data internally.
- Manages data in customer portals and project folders
- Bachelor Degree
- 6 years experience in sales and marketing
- 1 year of account management experience
- 1 year in issuing quotations
- 2 years of experience coordinating cross functional activities
- Proven track record supporting and growing sales; developing internal support for new business projects
- German language skills helpful
- Electric Vehicle and Highly Autonomous Drive experience a plus
By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce - EOE/Protected Veteran/Disabled.
BOSCH is a proud supporter of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) Initiatives
- FIRST Robotics (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology)
- AWIM (A World In Motion)
Indefinite U.S. work authorized individuals only. Future sponsorship for work authorization unavailable.