Are you a Customer Service Professional who strives for excellence?
Always looking for the next opportunity to engage a customer.
Have a great attention to detail?
Looking for an active position, just not stuck behind a counter all day!
If you enjoy building relationships, talking to people and building lasting relationships with customers, this may be the job for you!
As an Inside Sales Consultant, you will develop and maintain face-to-face relationships with customers by promoting products, providing day-to-assistance and generating sales for a building materials industry leader. From customers to contractors, you play an important role in recommending roofing materials and tools for projects of all sizes.
- Receive and process requests directly from customers (via telephone, fax and mail) for price quotations, product availability, orders, material returns, billing corrections, product information, order changes, and cancellations
- Plan and implement telemarketing and prospecting objectives
- Quickly and smoothly resolve customer complaints and problems
- Engage in specialty purchasing (when applicable)
- Coordinate delivery and/or pick up of customer orders with operations teams
- Provide support to Outside Sales force (also serve as a backup)
- Generate price quotations in a timely manner
- Responsible for adhering to policies of the customer financial services
- Maintain accurate and up to date "open order" files in computer system
- Maintain adequate supply of product samples and literature
- Adhere to pricing guidelines established by Branch Manager
- Review all orders to forecast additional customer needs
- Interact with sister branches when necessary on inventory issues and deliveries
- Work with Replenishers to achieve the best product line
- Handle cash reconciliation of register tape and Trend reporting documents
- Maintain adequate stock of Tool Rack items with accurate pricing
- Maintain adequate product stock at branch location
- Responsible for setup and maintenance of store displays
- Sustain a working technical knowledge of, Branch Specific, Beacon Building Products
- Review job plans and bidding documents for Taper quotes and developing project summaries for Outside Sales personnel
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Previous front-line customer service experience
- Previous customer service experience (building products industry preferred)
- Must be able to communicate and follow-up with co-workers, customers and vendors
- Must be able to learn and retain vast amounts of product information
Knowledge in Building Materials
Experience in a team-based environment
Previous Face-to-Face Customer Service Experience (one year)
Experience in Home Improvement Center or knowledge of building materials