The Account Administrator assists Account Service Team in servicing assigned commercial lines accounts. This position requires a detail-oriented and organized individual. The Account Administrator provides excellent customer service and builds professional relationships with customer contacts and provides clerical and administrative support to Commercial Lines team as needed. The Account Administrator must perform to the ethical standards required by the Colorado Department of Insurance and Moody Insurance Agency, Inc.
Following is a brief outline of essential tasks for the Account Administrator position, but other responsibilities and duties may be assigned:
- Provide excellent internal and external customer service, responding as quickly and courteously as possible.
- Issue Certificates of Insurance requested before 3pm same day and those requested after 3pm next business day. At renewal, process the bulk certificates and mail or email to the certificate holder and client. Ensure master cert is accurate prior to renewal.
- Effectively and efficiently process endorsement requests for drivers, automobile or equipment changes as directed by Account Team.
- Verify endorsements received from the insurance carrier match what was requested when adding/deleting a driver, automobile or equipment.
- Email or mail the endorsements received to the client when adding/deleting a driver, automobile or equipment.
- Bill premiums and commissions in an accurate and timely manner, in accordance with department policy.
- Issue Auto ID cards as requested. At renewal, process the bulk Auto ID cards and mail or email to the client.
- Manage assigned tasks daily. Each day’s tasks should be completed by the end of the workday.
- Demonstrate proficiency with insurance company websites; able to quickly obtain loss runs from various insurance carrier’s websites as requested by AS / AM / AE .
- Pull MVR’s (driving record, if required) and Experience Mod Worksheet from carrier websites, where applicable.
- Assemble proposals (cover/coils) for customer meetings per procedure.
- Policies must be delivered to client within 5 business days from task received as approved by AM/AE.
- Audits must be processed and delivered to client within 3 business days from receipt.
- Provide back-up assistance to other Account Service Teams.
- Must pass Total CSR program within 4 months of hire. Must obtain a Colorado Property and Casualty License within 6 months of hire. Thereafter, responsible to maintain a current, active license at all times. Must complete Continuing Education classes as required to maintain license or as requested by management, including working toward obtaining insurance industry designations, such as CISR and AINS.
- Cover Front Desk as needed or as back up for Receptionist’s breaks, lunches, and days off. Answer phones promptly and courteously, greet and assist visitors to the office, forward emails and faxes to the appropriate employee, and monitor deliveries.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements:
Able to read and write in English
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Must currently possess (or be able to obtain within 90 days of hire) a Colorado Property and Casualty Insurance License
- Must possess proficient computer skills including working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, especially Word and Excel. Previous experience with AMS 360, Worksmart, or similar agency management software desired, but not required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong customer service and team skills; must interact effectively with clients, co-workers and management
- Strong attention to detail and solid organizational skills
- Solid prioritization skills, sense of urgency, and ability to work efficiently under time constraints
- Ability to analyze and solve problems
Schedule for this position is 8:45am - 5:15pm M-F, with 1 hour for lunch. Our standard workweek is 37.5 hours per week.
Compensation for this position is between $19.50 and $19.74 per hour