The future you want is within reach.
At PCL, we build the places where life happens and find camaraderie in the process. We’re a community of builders committed to building better communities. That's why we're always looking ahead, and not just to the next project or what's next in our industry.
We’re also looking at what’s next for you and how we can help you build a career you’re proud of. PCL is a place where you’re a crucial part of the team from your first day on the job.
We are currently seeking a construction engineering student Engineering Business Analyst Student for a 4-month co-op term beginning in September 2021 for our North American Headquarters district , located in Edmonton, AB .
Applicants must be a current student and have at least one school or work term remaining.
The role will be involved in a combination of the following duties dependent on the assigned project:
- Assist with the technical end user issues related to Primavera P6 (construction scheduling software) .
- Assist with the maintenance of PCL’s P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management (P6 EPPM) environment including the archiving of dormant records and global settings.
- Business analysis of record fields in P6 to enable business intelligence.
- Collection and organization of field production records to develop PCL’s historic data.
- Assist with evaluation of new versions of P6 and testing upgraded versions of P6 EPPM.
- Assist with supporting Acumen Fuse and Risk and providing related reports to projects.
- Assist with Lean initiatives and Lean tools.
- Other related responsibilities as required.
What you will bring to the role:
- Candidates must have a strong desire to work in a construction environment and prior field construction experience will be considered an asset.
- Application of various computer software programs will be required, including word processing, and spreadsheet applications.
- Strong communication and visualization skills.
- Methodical problem solving.
- Knowledge of Primavera P6 (Web and Professional) and Acumen Fuse and Risk is an asset.
- Experience using additional technologies such as Power BI would be considered an asset.
PCL is an innovative, employee-owned company comprised of people who find passion in their profession and take pride in doing great work every day. Our work powers the infrastructure and utilities that are essential to daily life and our projects are the scene of vacations, careers, education and healing. We are consistently ranked among the best companies to work for because we are committed to supporting and developing our teams.
The PCL Companies celebrate diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to an inclusive environment for all employees and applicants and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability or veteran status.
Should you require an accommodation during the application process, please contact us at [email protected] with the position and location you are interested in.
Together, we can build success and a better future. Let’s get started!