Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, then you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
What you’ll do
JMP, a division of SAS, is looking for a Systems Engineer to provide top-notch technical assistance to our team within our Southern California territory. If you love to stay up-to-date with the industry’s latest trends and have a knack for connecting the dots to help solve customer problems, this is the opportunity you’ve been looking for!
- Utilize strategic selling techniques with an Account Executive and an Inside Sales Representative to strategize on prospects and develop strategic sales objectives for targeted accounts
- Prepare custom presentations based on opportunity analysis
- Provide timely follow up and communications to prospects and JMP team
- Support JMP deployment planning implementation in conjunction with Account Executive
- Customer retention and post-sale strategies to ensure account satisfaction and growth
- Work effectively as part of a team for complex sales involving multiple skill sets
- Customize, present, and evaluate sales seminars
- Provide support at vendor-sponsored events, trade shows, and user group meetings
- Assist with training of staff
- Perform other duties as assigned
What we’re looking for
- You’re curious, passionate, authentic and accountable. These are our values and influence everything we do.
- Master's degree in Statistics, Computer Science or other quantitative field.
- Significant experience in technical pre-sales, technical marketing, technical support, or a related area.
- 1 or more year(s) of experience applying JMP to analytical problems in industry.
- You have public speaking experience.
- Approximately 50% travel required.
- Preferred locations: San Diego, CA; Greater Los Angeles
Other knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Excellent customer facing skills including experience with customer needs analysis and presentations.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to relate technical and statistical concepts to industry personnel.
- Ability to work and learn independently and as part of a team.
- Previous experience with analytical software sales and territory start-up in a technical role.
We need you to:
- Know industry or market segments or have in-depth expertise in at least one industry or business area. You know your stuff!
- Have strong technical and non-technical communication skills – both written and verbal.
- Work well on your own and as part of a team.
- Be an effective project leader. You meet your timeline and goals.
- Relate technical concepts to our applications and our user’s needs.
- Be curious and a problem-solver.
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.