Hitachi ABB Power Grids is a pioneering technology leader that is helping to increase access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all. We help to power your home, keep the factories running, and our hospitals and schools open. Come as you are and prepare to get better as you learn from others. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and plug into a team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Great Innovation
Hitachi ABB Power Grids is seeking a Software Account Executive for its Eastern/Western Territory throughout the United States. This position will work remote from your home office. This role is responsible for generating new license and professional services revenue from new and named accounts within an assigned territory. The expectation is that 50% of the sales executive's time will be spent face to face with customers and prospects. They will use strategic, consultative selling techniques to grow the Enterprise Software footprint in their geographic territory. This role will also develop account and territory sales plans and strategies to ensure success. Hunter mentality is a must for this role along with travel across the United States up to 70%.
- Develop sales plans, strategies, and work with the extended Enterprise Software team to create final solution presentations designed to enhance revenue growth and meet customer needs.
- Travel throughout assigned territory to call on existing and prospective customers to identify, progress and close opportunities.
- Analyze customers' needs and recommend solution that best meets the customers' requirements.
- Work under general supervision from Regional Sales Leader with some autonomy.
- Develop broad relationships within new and named accounts at all levels of the organization by maintaining regular contact with users and timely and valuable communication with executives to demonstrate value and ensure satisfaction. Remain knowledgeable of organization's products/services as well as industry dynamics and news to facilitate sales efforts. Compile lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads based on information from newspapers, business directories, Enterprise Software ads, trade shows, Internet Web sites, and other sources.
- Quote prices and credit terms and prepare sales contracts for orders obtained.
- Promptly follow up on marketing leads, drive attendance to marketing driven events and leverage Enterprise Software marketing to build pipeline.
- Enter new customer data and other sales data for current customers into Salesforce.com database. Ensure accurate forecasting quarterly by using salesforce.com for opportunity management.
- Investigate and resolve customer problems with deliveries, escalate as appropriate for timely response. Participate as an Enterprise Software representative at trade shows.
- Other duties may be assigned to support the organization and its goals.
- High school diploma or GED and minimum 12 years of software related sales experience. OR
- Associates degree and minimum 10 years of software related sales experience. OR
- Bachelor's degree and minimum 8 years of software related sales experience. OR
- Master's degree and minimum 6 years of software related sales experience
- Ideally this role could be filled at a more senior level with the following:
- High school diploma or GED and minimum 16 years of software related sales experience. OR
- Associates degree and minimum 14 years of software related sales experience. OR
- Bachelor's degree and minimum 12 years of software related sales experience. OR
- Master's degree and minimum 10 years of software related sales experience
- Candidate must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for Hitachi ABB Power Grids in the United States.
- Degree in marketing or business administration or business related degree
- History of success developing regional target market pipeline growth for any related geographic territory. Demonstrated experience of successful selling into Energy, Utilities and/or Natural Resource industries Develop their overall plan and forecasting sales results for both the short and long term.
- Manage and set clear, measurable performance goals to achieve their sales quotas.
- Be field-minded with the interest and ability to travel and meet new and/or existing clients, partners and colleagues when necessary.
- This individual is persuasive and rapidly commands credibility and respect. S/he possesses excellent presentation and communication skills (oral and written) ' and is well-versed in representing the company to senior executives; business partners and C-suite executives etc.
- S/he possesses a hands-on orientation with a demonstrated record of leading the negotiation and closing of major sales opportunities with senior customer executives ' and has experience developing and leading revenue planning and forecasting ' territory planning ' pipeline management ' account development ' and sales compensation systems and processes (Saleforce.com preferred).
- S/he is an action-oriented individual who can handle multiple tasks.
- A "continuous learner" with the ability to adapt to changing market conditions and willing to share best practices to enhance their fellow sales representative's ability to be successful
More about us
Hitachi ABB Power Grids is a global technology leader with a combined heritage of almost 250 years, employing around 36,000 people in 90 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, the business serves utility, industry and infrastructure customers across the value chain, and emerging areas like sustainable mobility, smart cities, energy storage and data centres. With a proven track record, global footprint and unparalleled installed base, Hitachi ABB Power Grids balances social, environmental and economic values, and is committed to powering good for a sustainable energy future, with pioneering and digital technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. www.hitachiabb-powergrids.com Hitachi ABB Power Grids is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. We welcome you to apply and want you to know that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, protected veterans status or any other legally protected characteristic. For more information regarding your EEO rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites: https://www.dol.go v/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf and https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/ posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf. Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Hitachi ABB Power Grids career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling a Hitachi ABB Power Grids HR Representative at 1-888-504-2007 or by sending an email to: [email protected] Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner. #LI-NAM1
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Medical insurance
- Disability insurance
- Wellbeing program