Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We're taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we'll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
The Toast Customer Marketing team is responsible for driving advocacy, revenue, and retention from our restaurant customer base. The Customer Marketing Manager - Communications will be responsible for managing our customer communications in both strategic development, execution and governance.
This role is highly cross functional and the connective tissue between Customer Marketing, Demand Generation and cross functional stakeholders in Customer Success and Product. You will be focused on championing communications governance across upsell, activation, adoption and community pillars and helping to tailor and launch campaigns and content to the portfolio. You will also support the development of enablement strategies and frameworks, developing and executing campaigns, and in-product experiences that meet our customers where they are.
We are looking for a strategic problem-solver, storyteller and communicator. The ideal candidate is customer obsessed and a results-driven marketer who possesses deep empathy for the customer experience.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Support transformational change by building and running the content strategy and governance processes for Customer Marketing
- Manage the Customer Marketing content calendar, leveraging best practices from the governance framework
- Implement procedure for analyzing how the content strategy and governance delivery process is performing
- Lead continuous improvement efforts and manage regular reporting out of Customer Marketing communications
- Work collaboratively with Customer Marketing leads across upsell, activation, adoption and advocacy, as well as cross-functionally with Demand Generation, Customer Success and Product to ensure quality customer experiences
- Lead the development and execution of product communications and monthly newsletters
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Experience leading communication programs and running content strategy within a cross-functional marketing team
- Experience building and maintaining reporting framework for marketing communications
- Adaptive, resilient and able to succeed in a changing and dynamic environment- with proven ability to manage cross-functional projects and priorities.
- Experience optimizing marketing and communications processes
- Strong copywriter and verbal communicator
Special Sauce* (Nonessential Skills/Nice to Haves)
- Strong fluency in G-Suite, Marketing Automation and CRM systems such as Marketo, Salesforce.com, as well as other office productivity and collaboration tools.
- Experience in In-Product messaging tools (such as Pendo)
- Experience with B2B marketing highly preferred
- Bread puns encouraged but not required