Enghouse Transportation & Public Safety is currently looking for a Product Manager, Transportation & Public Safety to take ownership of our solutions and help align direction and drive market growth. The ideal candidate is a detail oriented, self-starter with demonstrated ability to dive into the technical details of complicated systems while remaining focused on the larger vision.
- Perform Market Research to support required product vision, roadmap, and requirements specific to each market. This may include competitive analysis, market and technology trends, partner and customer requirements, analyst assessments, and planning meetings.
- Bring new products to market by analyzing proposed product requirements and product development programs; prepare return-on-investment analyses; establish time schedules with development resources.
- Recommend the nature and scope of present and future products by reviewing product specifications and requirements and appraise new product ideas and/or product changes.
- Develop and maintain the product roadmap for each market, establish your vision on the long‐term development of the product for which you are responsible.
- Maintain and review the product backlog, translate the functional and non‐functional requirements of stakeholders to a design, which is written in a design document, and elaborated in User stories.
- Work closely with the engineering teams on day-to-day development. Prioritize activities against customer needs and coordinate internally with support and customer success teams.
- When appropriate, author Portfolio Planning and/or Requirements Documents, detailing product requirements in key functional areas for targeted packaged releases, offerings, and integrations, with associated market justifications.
- Support Product Marketing in the creation and updating of all product content (both internal & external use), including product collateral and product positioning materials.
- Develop and present product releases and/or roadmap pieces to represent the products, organization, and strategic focus as market-leading and innovative. These include sales presentations, webinars, partner and customer presentations, case studies, white papers, and/or video presentations etc.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; review professional publications; establish personal networks; participate in Trade Shows.
- At least 5 years performing project management or coordination, as project leader/manager, product manager, or development planner.
- Experience managing products in the Transit solutions (fare collection, CAD/AVL, fleet mgmt. etc.) and/or Transportation Management systems and/or Public Safety solutions.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills including comfort dealing with senior management, both internal and external.
- Ability to logically communicate technical information and ideas.
- Experience and success working independently, as well as with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Problem analysis and problem resolution skills at both a strategic and functional level.
- Ability to travel, which may include international travel.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree (BA or BS) or higher from four-year accredited college or university, preferably in a computer science or technical discipline or equivalent related experience and/or training.
- Direct experience using collaborative software development tools (DevOps TFS)
Enghouse is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are an Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) compliant workplace. You can be confident that our recruitment and hiring processes will be modified to accommodate disabilities, if requested.