Sales Representative - Vancouver - Lower Mainland
Founded over 50 years ago, King Marketing is a national manufacturer’s agency primarily focused on representing manufacturers in the hardware and home improvement industry. With offices in BC and Ontario and over 70 employees coast to coast, King Marketing is the leading agency in this sector.
We have an immediate opening for a Sales Representative to work primarily in the Lower Mainland. The successful candidate will report to the Western Regional Sales Manager.
This role would be ideal for an engaging, out-going, organized, self-starter with the ability to spend some time travelling to make customer calls.
· Calling on hardware, home improvement, and lumber and building material stores to, not only maintain, but increase sales for the manufacturer’s King Marketing represents.
· Selling represented products to wholesale distributors and supporting these sales further by working with the distributor representatives to grow sales.
· To actively prospect and solicit new customers.
· To introduce new product lines, suggest and write orders, to implement and maintain product displays, to seek and procure off-shelf cross merchandising placements (endcaps, stack-outs, clip-strips).
· To conduct product knowledge training sessions with store staff, which could involve “lunch and learns” and product demos.
· To process defective merchandise returns. On occasion this may involve consumer end user calls.
· Working directly with the represented manufacturers both on the road and through virtual meetings, phone, and e-mail contact.
· Participating in trade shows, dealer shows, and customer events.
· Building and maintaining relationships at all levels in the territory from the head office to the individual store staff, managers and owners.
· Meeting or exceeding sales targets.
· Willing to spend up to 25% of the time on overnight travel in the territory.
· Reporting all activities daily through an on-line reporting system
· Be outgoing, with good social skills, at ease around people.
· Performance driven with a competitive nature.
· Self-Starter that can work on their own.
· Well organized and with a desire to learn about new products.
· Applicants should have a high level of computer literacy.
· High School Diploma or equivalent.
· Ideally the candidate should have industry experience in the home improvement sector or in an outside sales position.
· Retail experience would also be preferred.
· Clean Driving License.
· Reliable Car.
Compensation and Benefits
· Competitive salary including bonus plan.
· Company Medical and Dental Plan.
· Mobile Phone, Laptop.
· Car Allowance & Gas Card.
· Matching RRSP Contributions after 1 Year.
Please note that those selected for a job interview will be contacted.
Application deadline: 2021-07-26
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $1.00 per year
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Monday to Friday