Work you'll do
Lead/support technical teams to architect, build, and deploy cloud solutions across public, private and hybrid cloud environments to support enterprise clients. Cloud Infrastructure Architects are responsible for designing, maintaining and troubleshooting the client's infrastructure, cloud services, network, and infrastructure security. Architects will work closely with other cloud teams, project managers, engineers, and other functions.
Oversee cloud infrastructure design and develop detailed architecture models for the client to host test, development, and production environments
- Plan for system and application migration(s) to the cloud, adhering to the client's technical and business requirements
- Develop and document technical designs for integration and implementation of new cloud applications and systems
- Optimize cost of cloud solutions by identifying waste and automating cloud cost management
- Lead the development of technical artifacts including Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM), Detailed Technical Design, Security Architecture Plan, Services Description Document, etc.
- Plan and develop support processes that adhere to best practices (ITIL)
- Communicate effectively through strong written and oral communication skills for technical and non-technical audiences
- Integrate with non-cloud technologies and third-party vendor products/services
- Assess emerging technologies, stay abreast of industry trends, and give advice on investments prices versus performance
- Experience with highly-available and fault-tolerant enterprise and web-scale software deployments
- Certifications (Desired): Google - Professional Cloud Architect; AWS - Solutions Architect - Professional; Azure - MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure (Infrastructure Focus); VMware - VCAP/VCDX Data Center Virtualization
Our Cloud Engineering team focuses on enabling our client's end-to-end journey from On-Premise to Cloud, with opportunities in the areas of: Cloud Strategy, Op Model Transformation, Cloud Development, Cloud Integration & APIs, Cloud Migration, Cloud Infrastructure & Engineering, and Cloud Managed Services. We help our clients see the transformational capabilities of Cloud as an opportunity for business enablement and competitive advantage.
Cloud Engineering supports our clients as they improve agility and resilience, and identifies opportunities to reduce IT operations spend through automation by enabling Cloud. We accelerate our clients towards a technology-driven future, leveraging vendor solutions and Deloitte-developed software products, tools, and accelerators.
- Ability to obtain Secret clearance
- 7+ years software or infrastructure architecture experience
- 2+ years experience with micro-services architecture
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need
for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
- Knowledge of EA principles and methodologies
- Experience with Servers, Infrastructure, Platform Sizing, Infrastructure Cost Reduction
- Possess any additional certifications (one or more) for the design/development of distributed solutions on a leading infrastructure platform such as:
- IBM Certified Solution Architect - Cloud Computing Infrastructure v3
- Google Cloud Platform Qualified Developer
- Microsoft Azure Solutions Architect
- VMWare Certifications (Data Center Virtualization, Cloud Management and Automation, Network Virtualization)
- Red Hat Certified Architect
- Possess a certification for the architecture and implementation of solutions on a leading distributed software platform (e.g., Salesforce Technical Architect Certification)