At eBay, you will be part of a purpose driven community dedicated to creating an ambitious and versatile work environment! In eBay Identity, you will be an integral member of a growing organization that inspires passion, courage and inventiveness - creating the future of global commerce and making an important, positive impact on millions of eBay sellers and shoppers around the world. If you are looking for a special place to take your career to the next level, we want to talk with you!
eBay is looking for a Mobile Senior Software Quality Engineer who is passionate about creating apps consumers love. This is an amazing opportunity to join the mobile Identity Quality engineering team of a world leader in commerce and directly impact the lives of a global population.
Join our tightly-knit team of engineers who enjoy working on large-scale, challenging and interesting problems. We work in small, focused, collaborative project teams following an agile methodology.
Multi-functional teams including product management, product development, and UX design, work daily to build a successful product that delights our customers.
- Lead test automation efforts on Android/IOS Identity features to develop best in class test automation code.
- Work with product managers, page owners and other team members to develop and implement Identity features.
- Collaborate with colleagues in San Jose (Occasional travel required).
- Participate in sprint meetings, code reviews, UI design reviews and other feature related meetings.
- Communicate and work effectively with team members and across functional teams.
- Maintain existing automation code and test suites
- Provide QE scope on proposed features and bug fixes. This includes estimation of effort, risk identification and mitigation, possible alternate solutions.
- Plan, define and execute test strategies in a multi-screen, multi-platform, multi-language native application environment and ensure they are released to production with high quality
Desired Experience and Skills:
- Master’s degree in CS, EE or other technical field 5 years or bachelor’s with 7 years of Android/IOS Testing experience
- 1+ Years of Android/IOS test automation experience
- Experience in both IOS and ANDROID Testing/Automation experience is a plus
- Familiarity with mobile application testing tools, emulators, and mobile application development environment
- Strong computer science fundamentals including data structures and algorithms
- Strong coding skills, preferably in one or more high level programming languages. Java a plus
- Highly collaborative mindset, a phenomenal teammate
- Focus and attention on the end user customer experience
- Self-learner: has a constant interest in learning new things and independently seeks areas of improvement for personal growth
- Strong communication skills both oral and in writing
- Prioritize well in a multi-project environment
- Analytical mindset and forward-thinking observer
- Effective negotiator with other teams/functions
- Sound approach to risk management
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.#LI-SM2
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at [email protected]ebay.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.