Principal Technical Account Manager
Location: Remote near MarylandWhen Enterprise customers have purchased and are implementing inContact products, the Technical Account Management (TAM) team takes ownership of the customer relationship and becomes their advocate within inContact. Enterprise customers require on-target customer service and flawless execution. The Principal Technical Account Manager begins to engage with the customer during the sales process and engages fully when the sale is closed to ensure that their experience during implementation, go-live, and continued operations on the contact center platform is smooth and meets expectations. He/she works closely with the customer from that point forward to ensure their success and that they meet their objectives in using our products.
The Principal Technical Account Manager is a seasoned account management, program/project management and technical resolution professional who is at the top of their field. They are unified with team members across the company in exceeding customer expectations, improving our processes and technology, and meeting company growth objectives. This key professional is responsible for resolving the most complex problems and providing excellent technical and customer service to one or more named enterprise-level accounts. Working with the most skilled resources across the company, he/she will help our most strategic and large customers overcome issues that arise, succeed in their business using our technology and services, expand their usage of our products, be a reference to prospective customers, and be a long-term and loyal customer.
- Partner with Sales and Sales Engineering during the final stages of the sales process to understand the opportunity, mitigate early identified risks and ensure a successful implementation timeline with aligned inContact resources.
- Be the assigned enterprise account's single point of contact and function as their professional advocate and relationship manager within inContact, ensuring fulfillment of contract deliverables, SLA management, ongoing customer education and product enhancement
- Develop and maintain an effective and productive relationship with assigned account(s) at all levels within their organization (from front-line contact center management through senior/executive leadership)
- Clear understanding of the assigned accounts' business goals and directions and drive return on investment with our products and services
- Hold regular discussions that balance proactive and reactive work and result in becoming their trusted partner and advisor (report progress on strategic direction, understand their contact center and business, ensure that inContact's solutions meet their needs, assess training needs, share best practices, consistently increase their success, review project status, review and drive resolution of open issues, etc.)
- Partnering with other inContact employees and teams (Technical Support, Professional Services, Subject Matter Experts, Product Management, Engineering, etc.), ensure that proper resources are engaged to resolve all technical challenges/issues/cases/requests properly and within SLA targets
- Responsible for customer satisfaction, retention and referenceability for all assigned accounts and drives improvements that ensure we do this across our enterprise customer base
- Work with Project Managers to ensure that projects mesh well with the overall strategy and are implemented successfully
- Coordinate all projects to ensure that they are all synchronized and completed as agreed (some projects will be managed by the Principal Technical Account Manager, however if the project is too big and would distract them from their overall work, they will engage Project Manager to drive the project)
- Excellent triage and advanced troubleshooting skills
- Demonstrate superior in-depth knowledge of inContact products and associated technologies, especially those employed by assigned accounts, with subject matter expertise in two or more technical areas
- Exemplary expertise and knowledge in telecommunications, contact center, and related technologies
- Utilize a deep understanding of each customer's environment to identify customer needs and implement solutions that will accelerate their success. Help others across the company understand how the customer is using our products, ensuring that we use that understanding to continue to innovate and deliver best in class enterprise-level solutions and services
- Exemplify deep knowledge of competitive product lines, differentiators and industry trends through self-education and inContact's resources, and share that knowledge with co-workers
- Arrange and conduct regular Service and Technology Reviews with proper customer and inContact stakeholders
- Develop and present compelling customized presentations to assigned accounts that both quantify and qualify product/service usage, realized benefits, achievements, opportunities and next steps
- Contributes to enterprise-level product strategy and direction by participating with the Product and Practice Specialist team to communicate enhancements and issues to Product Management and Engineering
- Ensure that all communication, interactions, assignments, details and actions are clear, effective, timely (within established SLA), and are logged into the CRM system
- Appropriately contribute to and take charge of meetings, calls and other discussions to convey ownership, organization, progress and direction. This may be required for accounts other than those assigned to you
- Tactfully, confidently and professionally communicate with all stakeholders, especially in emotionally-charged and escalated situations, bringing people together with the common goal of resolving issues and accelerating the customer's success
- Communicate and work with customers in a way that builds confidence, de-escalates situations, and helps customers know that their issues and concerns are being properly represented and handled by inContact
- Make and meet all commitments, building trust with customers and help others to do the same
- Identify opportunities to improve or modify products and services to improve customer effectiveness and experience, and recommend those improvements through proper channels, driving product/services enhancements and development
- Employ an assertive yet positive attitude in working with others to create standardized and consistent processes and to improve process issues that cause inefficiency, risk, missed targets, and frustration
- Provide high-value technical and process training to others based on skills and expertise, which training improves others' effectiveness and efficiency
- Engages with Sales on new opportunities to ensure proper communication and coordination
- Reviews all Statements of work and BRDs to ensure that everyone is aligned and that delivery/timing is achievable
- Provide coaching and mentoring to peers and exemplify consistent and high-value participation in knowledge creation and improvement
- Assist the team by taking ownership of escalations from other accounts in your area of expertise, exemplifying the effective handling of difficult situations
- Exemplify escalation prevention, resource engagement and communication when escalation occurs
- Provide assistance and leadership in resolving complex issues across teams and throughout the company
- Develop and drive business cases that outline problems, impacts, proposed solutions and outcomes that help inContact improve our performance and success
- Present a professional image in communication, conduct, attitude and attire
- Exemplify professionalism and leadership with customers, and helps peers to develop the same level of expertise
- Professionally and tactfully teaches proper process and methods that ensure customer service excellence
- Lead the way in team goal achievement and set personal goals that increase effectiveness and success of yourself and the team
- Add value to the company by finding, recommending and leading important projects, tasks and initiatives that improve process, methods, tactics and success within the team and across inContact, with little management intervention. Participation in these activities does not detract from the service, value, and outcomes provided to assigned accounts
- Mentor TAMs at all levels and other peers as appropriate toward increased success
- Fill advanced technical and process training needs, and provide that training to others without prompting or requirement from leadership. The training improves others' effectiveness and efficiency
- Expert at turning failing or struggling accounts into successful accounts, and helping others in the team do the same
- Can act as a backup for managers or other Enterprise Account Managers/Senior TAMs as needed
- Follow the company Code of Ethics and inContact policies and procedures at all times.
- Communicate in an effective and professional way with customers in and outside of inContact.
This organization reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Required Education, Experience, and Specific Job Related Skills
- Bachelor's degree (BS) in Business Management or related field or equivalent work experience required.
- 10+ Customer account relationship management experience
- 5+ years proven track record of successful Enterprise Account Relationship Management in either presales or post sales environment including program, project or implementation management.
- Excellent Communication and Presentation skills with both C-Level and day to day operations stakeholders
- Technical skill-set, with problem resolution skills in Contact Center, Telecommunications, LAN/WAN, Cloud-based Software, Security, etc.
- Professional judgment and business savvy that is respected by leaders, co-workers, customers and partners
- Work in a matrix-reporting environment, where direction and advice is received from several leaders
- Ability to capture common questions, techniques and best practices in daily workflow, sharing that information by regularly creating and improving high-value knowledgebase content
- Self-Motivated with the ability to prioritize, work well under pressure to meet deadlines, defuse customer issues and concerns
- Work largely during the customers' core business hours, with occasional extended hours as needed. Occasional on-call after-hours work may be required as needed by the customer
- Risk Identification/Risk mitigation skills – ability to identify, capture and mitigate risks
- Ability to travel 30% of the time, visiting customer sites and attending company meetings
- Superior in-depth knowledge of inContact products and associated technologies, especially those employed by assigned accounts
- Global Delivery, Implementation and Account management
- Experience supporting customer regulatory requirements including but not limited to HIPPA, PCI, SOX, FISMA etc.
- Industry Certifications such as Lean Six Sigma, ITIL, PMP, TOGAF, Cisco, etc.