- Achieve net sales targets and deliver required growth in your bank of business
- Recruitment & HR
- Working with the Talent Acquisition team for the hiring of additional salespeople (AM/BDM/CSM/SDR)
- Apply a rigorous selection process to reduce risk of poor performance and turnover
- Ongoing training, development and management of the team
- Foster a positive working environment and a culture driven by productivity and results, as well as collaboration and learning
- Lead the team from the front around strategy, account management & new business planning for the short, medium and long term
- Know the book of business, opportunities, challenges and improvements required in the set territory and successfully implement solutions for an effective sales team and performance
- Ongoing development of existing accounts and driving new logo sales via email, phone, online and face-to-face meetings; in-depth understanding of customers’ business and needs to provide value-added solutions
- Engage in product demonstrations and negotiations around Preqin’s suite of offerings and provide sample products; maintain a high lead to sales close conversion rate
- Occasional travel to customer site/ conference
Active coaching to drive performance-based culture and focus on meeting net logo goals
- Encourage performance driven culture in your team, including setting very clear goals to each individual – logo and net revenue goals in particular
- Monitor and coach achievement in business KPIs – incl. sales pipeline, metrics, performance against targets, user-base, Salesforce (SF) usage, client and product feedback, best practices
- Career coaching: ensure you actively meet your team (at the very least every 2 weeks) to coach, inform on how to achieve their career goals (have that conversation as to what they are) and help manage their career to success.
- Monitor for areas of individual development and communicate with VP, EMEA Sales to agree the appropriate improvement plan
- Closely monitor YTD performance and pipeline volume to identify low producers and communicate with reps to effect any necessary improvements
- Engage top performers and action PIP plans/hire replacement reps efficiently when necessary to continually improve productivity
- Join calls/meetings/demos with team members to coach, provide feedback and lead from the front
Know your business and lead from the front
- Timely and accurate forecast within 10% of monthly result
- Motivate and lead the team with planning and awareness of sales group strategies. This will involve:
- Successful execution in building pipeline and selling new products
- Structured planning to achieve monthly, quarterly, YTD goals
- Work closely with Marketing to ensure success. 25% net of business closed / pipe developed from marketing leads, 75% from sales generated leads (coach team and share SF reports / data)
- Foster a close working relationship between sales teams and across key departments – e.g. research, product & marketing, strategy etc. to drive collaboration and improvements within your set territory
- Reporting and internal administration – e.g. proper utilization of Salesforce, monthly reports to management, order administration, creating renewal analysis and preparing proposal
- At least 5 years of sales and / or account management experience in a similar discipline (preferred: financial data vendor, financial services, alternative investments, business to business SaaS sales, solution selling)
- Consultative sales (e.g. SPIN selling) and negotiation skills and experience in a B2B ecosystem
- High-performer with a proven track record in hitting sales and retention targets
- Excellent interpersonal skills in written and verbal communications
- Organized, detail-oriented with the ability to prioritize and respond quickly
- Highly proficient in MS Office Suite and CRM systems. Experience with Salesforce is preferred
- Sales motivated, team-focused attitude, and willingness to collaborate with peers, product management, and internal key constituents at the firm
- Working knowledge of the financial market data space, alternative assets, and financial services industries
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business or related field required
- 401k with 100% company match up to 10% with a 6-month waiting period
- Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance- on an individual only basis, starting on the first day of the month with a $1 monthly contribution
- Sponsored study to undertake professional training or to gain qualification relevant to your career progression such as CAIA or CFA
- 19 days paid annual leave + 10 federal holidays (pro rata’d dependent on your start date) + 7 sick days
- Employee referral bonus program
- Commuter and Transit benefits
- Maternity (12 Paid weeks) Paternity (2 Paid Weeks)
- Free coffee and tea
- Quality Data and Solutions, Comprehensive Coverage: Preqin is the first port of call for alternatives data, research and tools.
- Customer Centricity: Our customers are the central focus of Preqin.
- Objectivity: Preqin is data led and impartial.
- Innovation: Preqin sits at the forefront of the dynamic alternatives industry.
- Collaboration: Effective communication is essential to our success.
- Personal Development: Our business is built as much on our people as it is on our data and solutions.
Preqin Inc is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, childbirth, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status or any other legally protected category, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local law.