Regional Sales Manager – Deli Specialty
Come join the Tillamook Team where our philosophy is “Dairy Done Right.”As an independent farmer-owned cooperative, we have been guided by good, honest values since 1909. We believe in putting quality over profit, natural over artificial, and that hard work can never be outsmarted. We’re taking a stand for real food, because everyone deserves better.
We invite members of all diverse communities to join our workforce. At Tillamook, we believe that inclusion and diversity are central to our cultural strategy. In order to achieve our growth ambition and compete and win in the marketplace, we believe we make better decisions and build stronger teams when we invite and rely on diverse perspectives, thoughts, backgrounds and cultures into our work and to fuel our innovation and growth. To us this means creating a climate of inclusion where all employees feel valued and a sense of belonging. We believe this will make us a better consumer brand and employer.
What does real food mean to you? Is your favorite dish a cheesy casserole? Perhaps a decadent and indulgent ice cream? Either way, your identification with food is important to us. People who fit well here at Tillamook have a commitment to quality in everything they do. Our team members understand our vision, contribute to our mission, thrive on innovative thinking, hard work and good, honest values.
Our team members understand our vision, contribute to our mission, thrive on innovative thinking, hard work and good, honest values. We live by these shared values: We are Good Stewards, We believe in Uncompromising Quality, We work as One Team, We Play to Win, and We Genuinely Care for each other.
What you will do:
The Deli Specialty Regional Sales Manager delivers revenue and share objectives, pursues business strategies to grow the TCCA brands through the use of customer-specific programs. Provides product, consumer and category management expertise to the customer, ensures that coordinated cross-functional value is delivered to the customer through implementation of the overall annual operating plan. The Deli Specialty RSM will effectively lead internal and external growth projects. Active management of broker team. Travel 35-50%
The Deli Specialty Regional Sales Manager will set, measure and monitor KPI’s for assigned broker network within his/her area of responsibility. The Regional Sales Manager provides clear feedback to the Business Manager, Business Manager Assistant and local broker leadership on their progress towards annual goals and objectives by account.
Here’s a day in the life:
- Participate on the team by contributing feedback and ideas for improving the team’s ability to execute with excellence via sales presentations, broker management, processes and programs
- Interview and hire new distributors and brokers to support our business
- Work with the Director of Sales to build fiscal AOP and set annual OGSMs (Objectives, Goals, Strategies, Measures) for responsible sales channel and associated Brokers
- Plan and execute regional and channel priorities that include product rollouts, MAPS objectives, marketing promotion campaigns, trade shows, etc.
- Collect market intelligence and synthesize to develop SWOT analyses (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats) to drive our business
- Ability to segment customers based on growth, market share, profitability and strategic relationships in order to optimize TCCA resources to drive growth
- Effectively train and enroll broker on TCCA product knowledge, policies , processes and sales systems
- Track and manage the performance of each Broker on your team, including conducting quarterly and year-end performance evaluations
- Ensure the completion of daily and weekly reports that are both timely and accurate
- Consult regularly via category & business reviews with the customer category managers & key account management personnel to affect business growth
- Assist in the development of sales forecast by market and product to drive accurate financial and production planning
- Build strategic business relationships with key buying influences within our customers and Industry associations and Specialty Cheese Influencers
- Maintain goodwill with assigned accounts, checking on customer satisfaction with our customer service and product quality
- Assist customers with promotional activities or deviations from existing programs
- Keep customer receivables current and conduct collection activities as needed
- Present new products, sales programs and materials and sales ideas to customers
- Monitor customer pricing and recommend pricing updates when appropriate
- Solve customer problems in relation to our categories and products
- Maintain updated customer information files
- Utilize advanced level skills in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Power Point
- Demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrate strong financial acumen and analytical skills
- Demonstrate excellent presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to compile data and draw valid conclusions from key industry sources
- Possess excellent time management, organization skills and attention to detail
- Willingness and proven ability to learn new systems and processes, undergo training and evaluate and implement process improvements
- Maintain confidential information
- Utilize advanced knowledge of Deli Specialty Channel customers and their priorities
- Demonstrate advanced and current knowledge of all TCCA products and their key DDR attributes as well as that of key competitors (sensory, category dynamics, consumer)
- Demonstrate Specialty Cheese expertise and experience
- Possess excellent project management skills
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or Business Management
- 3-5+ years of sales and broker management experience in Specialty Cheese
- Demonstrated experience calling on customers at their corporate or regional headquarters
- Experience with in person and virtual cheese education of brokers, distributors, retailers, cheese mongers and consumers
- Specialty Cheese Industry accreditations and involvement, American Cheese Society, CCP desired
Industry leading benefit and reward programs:
We offer outstanding benefits to our employees. For more information, please visit the careers page: www.tillamook.com/careers.
We are committed to creating a diverse culture and inclusive conditions where all employees are heard, valued and feel a sense of belonging. We rely on different perspectives, thoughts, backgrounds and cultures to inform our work, to help us be better as a brand and as an employer and to fuel our success. We are seeking talent from a wide range of diversity, perspectives and backgrounds to join our exceptional organization and help us build our future.
Tillamook County Creamery Association (TCCA) is a Drug-Free Workplace.EEO/AA