Job Title: Account Manager
To provide personal and professional customer service. To maintain relationships and increase active hands-on approach to assist Account Executives and Producers to manage and grow their client base including cross-selling and seeking referrals.
High School Diploma (or GED or High School Equivalence Certificate)
Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
Fire & Casualty/Life & Health license; Insurance industry designations are a plus
Technical Specific: Multi-telephone system, Email, Internet Explorer, MS Office Suite, MS
Outlook, Lotus Notes, ability to use agency management system preferably AMS 360.
Administration and Management - Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
Clerical - Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, and other office procedures and terminology.
Cross-Selling and Marketing - Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, as well as product demonstration.
- Responsible for inbound/outbound calls from/to customers and Producers and assist with their insurance needs and concerns in a timely manner.
- Responsible for qualifying and communicating to other departments with any customer service issues.
-Maintain and process current policy information, including reviewing policy, verifying accuracy of policy information and request for corrections and amendments from the insurance company.
- Assist the Account Executive and/or Producer in regularly servicing an assigned book of accounts.
- Prepare applications/submissions to obtain, renew, or rewrite coverage for other lines of business with other carriers or brokers.
- Assist in follow up including collection of data for insurance underwriting.
- Processing insurance applications, endorsements, binders, quotes, rating, cost estimates, evidence of property insurance, certificates of insurance, obtain loss runs, etc.
- Attends renewal meetings on select accounts
Physical Duties and Working Conditions:
General office and computer work. Travel to client locations as needed. Occasional lifting of up to twenty five pounds. Constant standing, sitting, and walking. Occasional twisting, bending and reaching. Ability to listen to and comprehend both written and verbal communication to and from co-workers and clients.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of individuals in this position. This position description is subject to change by the Company as the needs and requirements of the position change.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $22.00 - $26.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
- Associate (Preferred)
- One location