The workplace is evolving, and we’re leading the charge toward a world that works smarter. The office of the future will be dynamic, flexible, digital, and delightfully disruptive — just like Optix! Are you interested in being a part of this evolution and passionate about shaping the future of work?
Optix is a technology platform that enables clients to manage flexible workplaces. With clients in 25+ countries, we craft beautiful apps that put workers at the center of the workplace experience. Our customers are flexible space operators, and we empower them with tech that simplifies the day-to-day operations of their businesses.
We're searching for hungry, ambitious, and competitive-spirited individuals who are excited about our mission of powering the world with a seamless workplace experience. We are looking for an energetic, goal-oriented, customer-focused, high-energy, self-starter Business Development Representative to join our sales team at Optix.
As a Business Development Representative, you will be working on driving the inbound pipeline for the Sales team as a whole and frequently work with both Sales and Marketing to continually improve the customer experience and the sales process. In this role, you often bring a first human touch with prospective customers requiring a balance of adaptability, active listening, and curiosity to quickly discover opportunities and guide people towards appropriate solutions. You will balance qualifying leads, performing prospect research, and setting up demos with our Success team.
Specific duties include list building, emailing, social outreach, cold calling, and inside sales pitching. After qualifying pain in a discovery call, you'll hand the opportunity to your Sales or Customer Success teams with detailed notes.
Note: We are currently working from home, however, you must be based in Vancouver and able to come into the office once safe to do so. Flexible WFH opportunities will continue to be available.
Who you are
- 2+ years of experience in sales and customer interactions, preferably B2B and within a technology start-up environment
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills to articulate technical product specifications and value propositions
- You are excited to be a part of a start-up and help build a world-class sales organization
- Technically proficient and are able to lead software demos and facilitate virtual calls
- Disciplined about the sales process and driven to be the best in what you do – you set/hit goals every day
- An ability to think creatively, brainstorm new prospecting methods, and react quickly to tailor a pitch based on different conversations had with prospects
- Ambition, confidence, is a self-starter and competitive
- Strong time management skills and the ability to work independently
What you'll do
- Qualify incoming leads in your pipeline through email correspondence and introductory phone calls
- Schedule and execute introductory calls to educate prospects on our solutions and book demo calls with qualified leads
- Use traditional methods of communication and prospecting tools to interact with and target new prospects
- Re-engage and nurture existing leads within our opportunity pipeline
- Conduct market research into target industries, accounts, and individuals that have not been prospected to in the past
- Transition targeted qualified prospects from your pipeline to an Account Executive’s or Customer Success team to further the buying process
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of the Optix platform
- Customize and deliver virtual product demos with a keen eye on your customer’s unique needs
- Use Hubspot to send out emails, track conversations, set tasks, transcribe client notes, and schedule appointments
- Work with Marketing and Sales team to create the best customer experience
We take care of our teammates
This is a unique opportunity to join a rapidly growing technology startup. Taking care of our team on this journey is a priority. We offer:
- Competitive salary compensation
- Strong Employee Stock Option Plan offering with an opportunity to earn bonus compensation
- Excellent health and dental coverage program provided by Sunlife
- Mission-driven workplace experience in a positive and supportive team culture
- Personal and professional growth opportunities
- Healthy snacks and locally roasted coffee from Timbertrain
- Annual health and fitness credit
- Fun offsite activities and Friday team socials
- A beautiful Gastown workspace and flexible WFH opportunity