SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Lead Change Agent leads Orchid Oregon in Orchid's operational excellence transformation to increase the productivity of the site. He/she is responsible for all aspects of this program at the site, including recommending productivity commitments through the 2024 period, implementing these program commitments, building a team capable of delivering on commitments and program management milestones. He/she is also responsible for providing timely updates of site program progress to the Site Leadership team, Transformation Director, and Orchid Operations teams. The Lead Change Agent will be a key decision-maker in budget and Value Creation Plan (VCP) productivity and investment decisions.
The Lead Change Agent role requires a technical background, including lean manufacturing familiarity, strong change management skills, impactful leadership, organization savviness, and the ability to communicate complicated topics in a simple way with executive leadership.
The Lead Change Agent is a key member of the Site Leadership team. The Lead Change Agent will have 1 to 3 change agents directly reporting to them.
No Shift ($0) (United States of America)
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Introducing Lean manufacturing in complex industrial environments
- Implementing business or functional strategies through business acumen and change management
- Developing talent, organization strategies, and management systems in a high revenue growth environment
Conducts the following:
Develops the Site Transformation program.
- Validates analytical models that allow prioritization of value stream mapping.
- Establishes the resource requirements necessary to implement the site transformation program.
- Ensures key program implementation milestones are understood, communicated, and aligned.
- Commits to productivity targets for the 2020-2024 period based on deep analytical analysis.
Leads Site Transformation Culture Development and Talent Management Processes and Results
Leads and develops team members following the One Orchid global talent management approach to select, manage, and develop our best team. Ensures the growth of our positive business culture through behaviors that align with our core values and leadership competencies.
- Partners with site leadership to ensure the site transformation organization is staffed with "top talent" and Orchid's leaders of the future.
- Aligns with site functional leadership on employee performance working on site transformation. Transparently works with key leaders to ensure employees are fully contributing to achieving company vision, purpose, strategy and goals.
- Drives a performance culture by ensuring the right talent is in the right place at the right time to meet strategic and operational goals.
- Leads and ensures the Performance Management Process exists for all site transformation employees. Establishes and aligns goals and provides continuous feedback on results and Orchid values.
- Drives an improvement culture by focusing on "the process not the people" while demanding not only quick resolution but also root cause alignment and systematic corrective action implementation. Ensures this improvement culture is driven to the shop floor.
- Leads and develops team members following the One Orchid global talent management approach to select, manage, and develop our best team. Ensures the growth of our positive business culture through behaviors that align with our core values and leadership competencies.
Achieves Improvement Goals and Supports Financial and Operating Plan Goals
- Aligns VCP and annual operating productivity and investment goals to value stream. Ensures "buy in" and commitment to these targets by all key stakeholders during key site operating, budget, and VCP reviews.
- Ensures processes are in place to deliver site annual and strategic objectives, including but not limited to OEE and VAPD performance, productivity, capacity planning, and capital investment.
- Implements a robust management operating system which quickly highlights necessary adjustment to the cross-functional team, providing confidence that site strategic and operational goals will be successfully implemented.
- Develops and Maintains a Program Management Process
- Owns the site transformation productivity funnel. This funnel is the outcome of the site's value stream roadmaps.
- Works with Operations Analysts to ensure data is available, monitored, and reported with a consistent approach. Supports implementation of any management system at the site level.
- Provides proactive program updates to key stakeholders, including understanding of root cause of any actions requiring corrective action. Ensures that local site leadership program progress and report out are aligned with the One Orchid Site Transformation report out.
Supports implementation of One Orchid Process
- Ensures required training is delivered to the site team in support of site goals and objectives, and program management milestones.
- Supports definition of One Orchid processes as defined by the Director, Operations Excellence Transformation. Implements best practices as these practices are defined.
- Works with communication experts, HR leaders, Site Leaders, and General Managers to ensure goals and objectives of the site transformation program are simply communicated at their site.
- Participates in global communication or site leadership town halls as required to effectively deliver communication in support of objectives.
- Ensure team members have the required knowledge and skills prior to performing job duties independently, including conducting, documenting and evaluating training effectiveness.
- Aid in the development of Orchid wide lean tools and common language.
- Supports quality and compliance by adhering to all procedures, work instructions, and forms per the Quality Management Systems (QMS)
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
10+ Years of Experience Leading Engineering Projects and/or a Production Organization (Required), Exposure to integrated business planning (Sales & Operations Planning process), quality system deployment, and lean manufacturing in an industrial setting (Preferred)
Bachelor of Science (B.S) - Engineering Required, , ,
Project Management Professional (PMP) - Practice Management Institute (PMI)
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS THAT ENABLE SUCCESS
Change Leadership (Extensive Experience), Collaboration (Working Experience), Communication (Extensive Experience), Lean Manufacturing (Subject-Matter Expertise), Problem Solving (Subject-Matter Expertise)
WHAT WE OFFER
- Opportunity to work in a growing company
- Ability to help people live a longer, more active life
- Comprehensive benefit package
Ability to work in an organization that values:
- Integrity First: We do the right thing
- Teamwork: We are one Orchid
- Results: Our results matter
- Not applicable
- Candidates offered employment may be required to submit to a pre-employment background check and pre-employment drug-screening based on position requirements
- Candidates must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States through eVerify
EOE, including disability/vets