Summary: The Account Manager II is responsible for working with Advisors and Account Executives to service client accounts. The position requires day to day client servicing for a specific set of clients and entails a great deal of verbal, electronic and other written communications. The Account Manager II will manage the renewal and marketing process, and prepare materials for presentations and communications, in collaboration with their more senior team members. At this level, an Account Manager will lead open enrollment presentations and may take an active role in client meetings. Work is completed with a significant amount of independent discretion. While in this role, this person should be developing relationships with clients and carrier contacts and working proactively to effectively and efficiently deliver services to clients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works proactively to develop relationships with carrier and client contacts; may take active role in meetings.
- Communicates directly with clients and carriers with collaboration with senior team members.
- Prepare and send the request for proposals to applicable insurance carriers and spreadsheets results as they come in. First draft of renewal presentation.
- Takes the lead on reviewing contracts, benefit plan summaries, and carrier source documents for accuracy in collaboration with the Account Executive or Advisor.
- May serve as a mentor to more junior team members; assists with training more junior team members
- Develops and maintains ongoing relationships with clients. Takes more of an active role in client meetings and calls.
- May have direct contact with clients and relies on a growing knowledge of the details of various insurance coverages
- Continues relationships with carrier representatives to better understand available products and services in the marketplace and recommend them to clients
- Work with advisors or more senior team members to identify the strategies to meet client needs
- Review & analyze request for proposals and insurance plan designs, negotiate with carriers and recommend renewal actions in drafts of presentations to be reviewed by Account Executives
- Assist with client renewals and marketing and client meeting presentations; responsible for first draft of presentations
- Update benefit guides, ensure client resources and communications are up to date following open enrollment or coverage change
- Prepare document and data for annual client compliance audits to be presented by Account Executive
- Attend to client requests including product or vendor service or performance challenges
- Ensure 5500 form is filed and completed in a timely manner
- Assembles updates for clients regarding appropriate industry trends and events, including all state and federal regulatory issues in conjunction with Account Executives or Advisors
- Learns about alternative funding strategies.
- General client service support in conjunction with the account management team
- Participate in client projects such as implementation of new business, open enrollment process, non-discrimination testing, etc.
- May provide informal leadership to more junior team members, based on experience, without official supervisory responsibility.
- Performs other duties as assigned and consistently makes independent judgments subject to general supervisor support.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Knowledge of benefits administration, HealthCare Reform, industry trends, carrier products and services
- Ability to work independently and anticipate client and team needs
- Effective time management and decision making skills
- Diligent follow up skills
- Ability to express ideas clearly in both written and oral communications
- Strong Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Commanding presentation and public speaking abilities
Education and/or Experience:
- Associates degree (or equivalent), and BA/BS preferred
- More than 3 years’ client service and/or industry and product line experience
Certificates, Licenses, Registration:
- Life, Accident and Health Insurance License required.
Who We Are
We’re NFP, a four-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance for 2017, 2018, 2019, and 2020. We are also recognized as an Elite 2018 Agency award winner named as a Top Employee Benefits Firm. We are a leading Insurance Broker and Consultant that provides Employee Benefits, Property & Casualty, and Retirement and Individual Private Client solutions to help our clients reach and realize their goals because we believe business is personal. Our personal commitment to our team and our clients have created long-lasting and successful relationships across our growing 300+ nationwide offices and 17 international locations. To learn more, please visit: https://www.nfp.com/
What We Offer
- NFP is proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
NFP and You... Better. Together.
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.